• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Textile Mill May Move Into Unused Space In Shreveport Plant

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how true the article is, we'll just have to wait and see.
One thing caught my eye; did you know the Elio has a model name?
It was in the caption under the video for it: " Elio Motors announces purchase of the former General Motors assembly plant in west Shreveport where they will begin production of the Trikke, a three wheel, enviromentally friendly vehicle.--Douglas Collier/The Times "

So the Elio will be the Elio Trikke? Not a name that gives me warm fuzzies all over; but then again, how can you trust a caption that can't even spell environmentally; they spelled it enviromentally (they left out an N)

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Elio Motors announces purchase of the former General Motors assembly plant in west Shreveport where they will begin production of the Trikke"

LOL

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I seem to recall the name Trikke was used for the Elio early concept design back in maybe 2009 or 2010. Price goal was also listed as $5900. Haven't heard it called that in years.

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I remember it being referred to as that way back, too. A really disastrous name in my opinion. Sounds like a slang mix between an impaired tricycle and a prostitute. It's probably the only car name I've ever seen that's painfully unsophisticated yet sounds pretentious at the same time.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another tenant might take some of the pressure off EM from Caddo parish. I just hope Elio has dibs on some additional floor space for engine machining and assembly. Hopefully Paul didn't forget that the way he overlooked the need for an additional 1000 - 1200 employees for the engine line.

Top Bottom