• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Thank You Zite

ElioFrank

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I started on the Zite app a couple of months ago. I love how the app brings in articles that are of interest to me, one of which is cars. So this past Friday, I'm reading my articles and there is this little article about ELIO, "the 84 mpg car". So I clicked on it and started reading. Long story short, I had never heard of this car and found it fascinating.

So then the process begins of searching for more information on the car. I saw that it's been around country and back. P1, P2, P3, P4 and now we're on P5? I love the idea because I have a 60 mile commute, one way, and this vehicle would save me a lot in fuel expenses. I went ahead and put down the $100 non-refundable, "I'm kind of in", I think that's what's it's called. I basically get a t-shirt and hope that the Elio makes it to production. :D

I wish it was coming to the Atlanta Auto Show this week but I looked at the schedule and it's not. I wonder why the company decided not to go to the AAS? There is a lot of foot traffic there. I'm guessing they'll be there next year if they are close to production.

Anyway, greetings to all my Elio big brothers and sisters, I still have to be convinced some more before I go "all-in" for a $1000 Alex :eek:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started on the Zite app a couple of months ago. I love how the app brings in articles that are of interest to me, one of which is cars. So this past Friday, I'm reading my articles and there is this little article about ELIO, "the 84 mpg car". So I clicked on it and started reading. Long story short, I had never heard of this car and found it fascinating.

So then the process begins of searching for more information on the car. I saw that it's been around country and back. P1, P2, P3, P4 and now we're on P5? I love the idea because I have a 60 mile commute, one way, and this vehicle would save me a lot in fuel expenses. I went ahead and put down the $100 non-refundable, "I'm kind of in", I think that's what's it's called. I basically get a t-shirt and hope that the Elio makes it to production. :D

I wish it was coming to the Atlanta Auto Show this week but I looked at the schedule and it's not. I wonder why the company decided not to go to the AAS? There is a lot of foot traffic there. I'm guessing they'll be there next year if they are close to production.

Anyway, greetings to all my Elio big brothers and sisters, I still have to be convinced some more before I go "all-in" for a $1000 Alex :eek:
Welcome ElioFrank. I don't know how far you are from Rome, GA (I think that is the name). The Elio is scheduled to be there in mid-October. You can verify the information in the Events forum, Events for the rest of 2014 thread. In the mean time enjoy the ride with this great and very active group. We also have a very helpful and pleasant staff. I look forward to hearing more from you in the future. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

ElioFrank, from one Atlanta commuter to another I would like to welcome you to the best Elio forum on the internet! I hope you have a great time here and enjoy reading about and discussing this great little autocycle which Elio Motors is trying to get out to us.

As Elio is still about a year away from production they are keeping costs down by doing more of a low key tour. They do hit some major events, such as bike week in Daytona, however the events they visit are picked to maximize exposure while minimizing cost. Once they get into production I am sure we will start to see them more on the more expensive events such as the big auto shows around the country.

If you ever have any issues with this forum be sure to let a staff member know as we are here to help.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Don't Worry I was exactly where you are a couple of months ago. The more research I did
the more convinced I became that this is the real deal & that led me to not wanting to prolong the wait when production starts (now predicted for 1st qtr of '15) so I ponied
up the extra $900.00 & got my number last week #2951. Figured if I belived in Paul @ his
team might as well go for whole enchelada. Now the crazy wait begins............ :)

ElioFrank

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
ElioFrank, from one Atlanta commuter to another I would like to welcome you to the best Elio forum on the internet! I hope you have a great time here and enjoy reading about and discussing this great little autocycle which Elio Motors is trying to get out to us.

As Elio is still about a year away from production they are keeping costs down by doing more of a low key tour. They do hit some major events, such as bike week in Daytona, however the events they visit are picked to maximize exposure while minimizing cost. Once they get into production I am sure we will start to see Elio in the more expensive events such as the big auto shows around the country.

If you ever have any issues with this forum be sure to let a staff member know as we are here to help.

Great, a fellow atlantan!

This is the first time I've ever put any money down on a vehicle unseen but if I can get 60 mpg, I'll be very happy. Paul seems to be driven by this vehicle and I'll probably end up "all in" at some point but I want to see some actual prototypes and reviews from somebody besides Elio.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Great, a fellow atlantan!

This is the first time I've ever put any money down on a vehicle unseen but if I can get 60 mpg, I'll be very happy. Paul seems to be driven by this vehicle and I'll probably end up "all in" at some point but I want to see some actual prototypes and reviews from somebody besides Elio.

For many of us this is the first time we put money down on a car that still is in prototype form. I started out with just $100 in the pot but after getting more involved and digging into things more I became convinced the Elio has a realistic chance of actually rolling of the an assembly line someday soon.

If you wish to see the latest P4 prototype in person it should be swinging back our way in the beginning of May. It will be headed east and is already scheduled to be in Birmingham on May 5. I am hoping they decide to come to Atlanta after Birmingham but nothing has been announced so that may just be wishful thinking. I will likely end up in Birmingham if they don't make it to Atlanta as I have yet to see the P4 in person.

Top Bottom