• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Thanks

Velnias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I would like to give thanks to those who have chosen to make what I feel are personal, directed attacks at me when I did none towards them. These comments were based on closed-mindedness, ignorance, and making statements of truth based on facts political due to these truths not wanting to be heard or accepted. If you feel you need to put labels on people to justify your own ignorance and bias, then at least learn the true meaning of the terms you wish to use. Otherwise the misuse of these terms as you have done, makes you appear foolish, ignorant, and brash.

My statements had not been political in nature, yet you chose to make them as such. Your statements using the label of liberal on me had the tone of ignorance in them. If you wish to argue with my statements or chose to use labels you should first do research on such things so you do not come off as sounding like a fool. I shall help you a little, and start with:

lib·er·al
adjective
1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
2. ( often initial capital letter ) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
3. of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual and governmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties.
4. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
5. favoring or permitting freedom of action, especially with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/liberal

Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas such as free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and private property.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

And my personal favorite:

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”

― John F. Kennedy, Profiles in Courage

So once again, I'd like to say thank you (no names will be mentioned) for both the attacks and for reminding me why I usually avoid forums due to the level of ignorance of some posters. If this pertains to you, then so be it. If not then do not fret over this and carry on with your stay here. Have a nice day.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://iamuniversity.org/why-do-people-attack-and-criticize-others/

There are many reasons why people attack and criticize others. For your enjoyment, here are listed some.

People attack and criticize because:

• They have not been trained how to master and control their mind, emotions and negative ego programming.
  • They are run by fear, and fearful people attack.
  • They are out of control which causes them to get angry in a vain attempt to get back in control; however, this is illusion for their angry response is showing they are still out of control.
  • They are too much run by their emotional body. When you allow your feelings and emotions to run your life, the negative ego becomes the programmer of your feelings and emotions.
  • They are jealous. They suffer from low self-esteem and are constantly competing and comparing themselves with others to try to feel good about themselves. They are trapped in that negative ego complex of being better than others or worse than others.
  • They are lacking self-love and self-worth. They attack and criticize to try to move to the topside of the negative ego instead of the bottom side of the negative ego. They don’t understand that they are trapped in negative ego duality altogether.
The Integrated Ascended Master realizes that the only way to escape this roller coaster ride of the negative ego from self-inflation to self-deflation is to transcend the whole system and see there is another way of thinking, not based on fear and attack nor lower self-esteem and self-aggrandizement.

Don't take it personally.
This is only one of many articles on why people criticize.

Top Bottom