• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The #1 Song On The Day You Were Born

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"I'll Be Seeing You" by Bing Crosby

Sure does make me feel old.
It might help to know the origin of this song. Strictly word of mouth but I'd always heard that the lyrics were written by a WWII widow lamenting that her husband was never coming home. PS it was the only song she ever wrote. Makes the song mean more to me. How precious to have loved one so.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
November 6, 1956 "Love Me Tender" by Elvis. I was never an Elvis fan.;)
Neither was I. My aunt lived 2 blocks from him when he drove a light gas and water truck. We'd see him riding his Harley in his silly little white leather captain's hat. Someone said oh that's that Elvis guy. LOL I think he ended up as just one more who succumbed to the pressures of fame. My Dad's pulmonary Doctor was also Elvis's. He was desperately sick long before anyone knew it. Kind of like our prez but Elvis's was physical only. LOL

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Neither was I. My aunt lived 2 blocks from him when he drove a light gas and water truck. We'd see him riding his Harley in his silly little white leather captain's hat. Someone said oh that's that Elvis guy. LOL I think he ended up as just one more who succumbed to the pressures of fame. My Dad's pulmonary Doctor was also Elvis's. He was desperately sick long before anyone knew it. Kind of like our prez but Elvis's was physical only. LOL
When you surround yourself with people who won't tell you "NO" you wind up like Elvis, Michael Jackson, John Belushi.......and countless others. It has very little to do with Fame and more to do with addiction. Fame becomes the excuse for bad behavior and poor choices.;)

Top Bottom