• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Big 3 Will Not Be The Problem

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This ranks right up there with the USPS demanding people pay a fee to use email!.. Personally I hate the BS associated with buying a car.. Saturn did very well with the fixed pricing so nobody felt like someone else got a better deal.. Elio seems to be using a fixed pricing scheme as well.. Saturn was a good car until GM stuck their greedy paws into the soup and they went downhill from there..

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that a auto company should be free to sell their cars in any way they choose, whether through a dealer or a store. With Mom and Pop small town car dealers basically gone or bought out by regional chains, I'd welcome a small, comfortable store where I feel comfortable over a high volume car lot

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would have to say that the Small town Mom and Pop dealers are the best. Hopefully Elios can have their own stores or regulate their dealers so the new Elio owners don't get scammed with a bunch of extra fees. If you are buying a car don't get in a hurry or the big dealers will eat you alive. You can still order the car you want, you don't have to buy one off the lot no matter what they tell you. The bad thing is that I have found very few honest dealers it seems like they are all ganging up. The last two dealers that I have found that I would consider Honest Dealers are John Grieder Motors in Belle Plaine, Iowa and Ben Mynatt Nissan in Salisbury, North Carolina, at both of these dealers I was in and out in 30 minutes with an honest on the road price and no surprises at the closing. Hopefully everyone's new Elio purchase will be the same.

Coda1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bad thing is that I have found very few honest dealers it seems like they are all ganging up.
In the twin cities metro area there are quite a few new car lots but almost all are owned by one of two companies. There was three companies but then Denny Hecker got sent to prison and all of his dealerships sold in bankruptcy. I love the sign on the old GM dealer in Elk River. They closed during GM's bankruptcy so now there is an empty car lot and the sign still has their slogan of "We'll be there".

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would have to say that the Small town Mom and Pop dealers are the best. Hopefully Elios can have their own stores or regulate their dealers so the new Elio owners don't get scammed with a bunch of extra fees. If you are buying a car don't get in a hurry or the big dealers will eat you alive. You can still order the car you want, you don't have to buy one off the lot no matter what they tell you. The bad thing is that I have found very few honest dealers it seems like they are all ganging up. The last two dealers that I have found that I would consider Honest Dealers are John Grieder Motors in Belle Plaine, Iowa and Ben Mynatt Nissan in Salisbury, North Carolina, at both of these dealers I was in and out in 30 minutes with an honest on the road price and no surprises at the closing. Hopefully everyone's new Elio purchase will be the same.
From all I have read, I really don't think EM will have dealers. You will order straight from EM and pick it up at a prep center/show room.

Top Bottom