• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Compelling Case Of Now !

TKVancil

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an automotive engineer ( in seating ) I have watch over the years the stories of how hybrid cars are going to change the world or electric cars are the true "green" way to go and they will all cost us less in the end. They tell us to embrace the change and foretell of how they will continue to increase in demand and popularity. Well as most of you already know, none of this has come to fruition & in fact we are actually seeing a decline year over year. The majority of these fancy cars are going to people with house hold incomes well in excess of $100,000 / year for the pure novelty and spectacle of being perceived as a better person. In the mean time the average wage of the majority of Americans is sinking to new lows every year ( currently hovering under $50,000 / year ). These new high tech cars cost more then most people make a year even with heavy Government subsidies ( which by the way never work either ). The reason these high tech marvels are not going anywhere is that the math just doesn't add up and the average person figures this out very quickly, not to mention if you dig deeper you see they do more damage to our environment then even a Hummer H2 over their life span ( they are made from materials that are not easily manufactured or procured ). And NOW with the war on coal in this country ( which by the way is how most of our electricity is produced ) the magic of cheap electricity is disappearing before our very eyes. Our Government keeps mandating more and more be added to every new car, while the typical gas powered car is now over $32,000. I bet most people don't even know but back up cameras are going to be required on every new vehicle staring in 2018 ( cha-ching $$ ). I personally have not driven over any one while backing up ( like all of you I'm sure ), but everyone will be required to pay more for the very few that have. The average transaction price for a good old Ford F150 is >$40,000.

The time is perfect for Elio motors to set this industry and world on F I R E ! The fact that we will buy a brand new car for $6,800 with ZERO Government hand outs that gets a fantastic 84MPG + is crazy. So crazy that I predict demand to quickly out pace supply in the first year. Our new cars will not be some cheap piece of you know what, but a high quality vehicle made in America by our neighbors that we can all be proud of. I can see the price of gas dropping ( more supply with less demand ) with every new Elio that comes off the line further making the case for this wonderful project of hope for so many people. I cant tell you how overjoyed I am to see the organic grass roots movement behind this fantastic vehicle / idea that is Elio Motors. I have often dreamed ( as well as so many others I know ) that someone would come along and offer a low cost basic form of year round transportation that would get great fuel economy & Mr. Elio you are that person! Your time is NOW :).

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As an automotive engineer ( in seating ) I have watch over the years the stories of how hybrid cars are going to change the world or electric cars are the true "green" way to go and they will all cost us less in the end. They tell us to embrace the change and foretell of how they will continue to increase in demand and popularity. Well as most of you already know, none of this has come to fruition & in fact we are actually seeing a decline year over year. The majority of these fancy cars are going to people with house hold incomes well in excess of $100,000 / year for the pure novelty and spectacle of being perceived as a better person. In the mean time the average wage of the majority of Americans is sinking to new lows every year ( currently hovering under $50,000 / year ). These new high tech cars cost more then most people make a year even with heavy Government subsidies ( which by the way never work either ). The reason these high tech marvels are not going anywhere is that the math just doesn't add up and the average person figures this out very quickly, not to mention if you dig deeper you see they do more damage to our environment then even a Hummer H2 over their life span ( they are made from materials that are not easily manufactured or procured ). And NOW with the war on coal in this country ( which by the way is how most of our electricity is produced ) the magic of cheap electricity is disappearing before our very eyes. Our Government keeps mandating more and more be added to every new car, while the typical gas powered car is now over $32,000. I bet most people don't even know but back up cameras are going to be required on every new vehicle staring in 2018 ( cha-ching $$ ). I personally have not driven over any one while backing up ( like all of you I'm sure ), but everyone will be required to pay more for the very few that have. The average transaction price for a good old Ford F150 is >$40,000.

The time is perfect for Elio motors to set this industry and world on F I R E ! The fact that we will buy a brand new car for $6,800 with ZERO Government hand outs that gets a fantastic 84MPG + is crazy. So crazy that I predict demand to quickly out pace supply in the first year. Our new cars will not be some cheap piece of you know what, but a high quality vehicle made in America by our neighbors that we can all be proud of. I can see the price of gas dropping ( more supply with less demand ) with every new Elio that comes off the line further making the case for this wonderful project of hope for so many people. I cant tell you how overjoyed I am to see the organic grass roots movement behind this fantastic vehicle / idea that is Elio Motors. I have often dreamed ( as well as so many others I know ) that someone would come along and offer a low cost basic form of year round transportation that would get great fuel economy & Mr. Elio you are that person! Your time is NOW :).
WOW, TKVancil, where have you been hiding?

Your post should help light things and people up.

Write more often!

very positive.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i'm just concerned that the gov may get their hands on the list of all in's and put us on the subversive's list. after all, anyone wanting this much freedom from gov regs and big oil, must be be suspect!
Love your thinking, goldwing06, and would love nothing more than to expound on that topic. . . . . . . But think that our "fearless leader" on this forum would cut into us for going "political."

I personally think there is FAR to much infringement upon us at ALL levels of life. . . . . . . "Control freaks" are every where today. . . . . Right, "fearless leader?"

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i'm just concerned that the gov may get their hands on the list of all in's and put us on the subversive's list. after all, anyone wanting this much freedom from gov regs and big oil, must be be suspect!
Let's also hope that Big Brother Gov'mnt does not feel the need to "protect" us by forcing 3-wheel vehicles to conform to automotive standards once the Elio becomes popular. Our economical vehicle would soon be not so economical.

Well said, TKVancil!

Elio1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think I just cried of joy...what a beautiful speech.
Do you know much relief you get, when you don't have to worry about fluctuating gas prices on a daily basis, or having to drive 10mph under the speed limit, just to make it on a 1/4 tank of gas for a whole week??

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Base price Ford F-150 $25,025 - 54,410
Base Price Elio $6,800 - 12, 000+ with all kinds of crazy fun options and custom paint.

Be as anti-government regulation as you want, but Elio may succeed because of a Government helping hand DOE low or no interest loan and CAFE Credits. Also, do you seriously think that without Gov't mandates mpg would be as high as it is and vehicles as safe as they are? Yep, greedy Corporations like GM and their profit motivated shareholders are really looking out for the average guy and we should let them self-regulate! (sarcasm). Elio Motors truly is mandated to providing affordable transportation to average or low income families.

TKVancil

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Base price Ford F-150 $25,025 - 54,410
Base Price Elio $6,800 - 12, 000+ with all kinds of crazy fun options and custom paint.

Be as anti-government regulation as you want, but Elio may succeed because of a Government helping hand DOE low or no interest loan and CAFE Credits. Also, do you seriously think that without Gov't mandates mpg would be as high as it is and vehicles as safe as they are? Yep, greedy Corporations like GM and their profit motivated shareholders are really looking out for the average guy and we should let them self-regulate! (sarcasm). Elio Motors truly is mandated to providing affordable transportation to average or low income families.

Rickb I truly believe that the Elio would do just fine without the current mandated CAFE requirements. Think about it for a moment, what are they doing that you think they help the case for the Elio? It's the price of gas and the incredible rise in the cost of new cars that is driving the popularity and demand for the Elio. People ( not Government ) are going to decide what makes the most sense for their budgets and life styles. And as for the DOE loan, it's just that a loan ( not a hand out ), I feel with the product, business case and overwhelming demand in the pre-order phase of this project that Elio could and has found ample supply of investors and backers of this wonderful project. In the end I believe that a product should be able to sell itself without mandates, demand in the market for what the average Joe feels is right for them in the long run wins every time!

Top Bottom