• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E-series Build.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once they get to opening up the retail centers each one should have One bare frame on display so customers can see the underlying structure as well as the finished product.

As a gear head geek, I would love to see the frame in the showroom.
As an average customer who wants 84MPG hwy, 49MPG city, the car to start in the morning and get from point A to Z it's not clear that I would care what the frame looks like.
On this board we are mostly very interested in the internals.
Most people just don't care.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a gear head geek, I would love to see the frame in the showroom.
As an average customer who wants 84MPG hwy, 49MPG city, the car to start in the morning and get from point A to Z it's not clear that I would care what the frame looks like.
On this board we are mostly very interested in the internals.
Most people just don't care.
For the investment of one bare frame and the floor space to display it I think they'd get a lot of bang for that buck. If the store is in the mall imagine the couple wandering around on an afternoon shopping trip. (And yes I'm just gonna get all stereotypical here.)

She says "Look how cute that is, and 84 miles per gallon? I have to get a better look."

He says, "Damn, look at that frame, I want to poke around at that and get a closer look at the engine too."

I could easily see that scenario playing out in a shopping mall location damned near daily.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Photos of the E-series build in this week's blog. Pix show three frames on jigs -- one of them has a pretty good sized divot in it (the tilted-up black-coated one).

Nice to see - sure looks cleaner and better organized than the prototype builds!
The divit(s) (There are actually four) look to be spot welds.
They're not clearly visible on the uncoated frame because of the finish and angle of view.

Last edited:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Teasers from today's blog!!! Squeeee!!!

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

I see those two and a third in the background :)
You can already see some of the post-P5 changes. Note the extra L-shaped brackets and cross-brace providing additional support and rigidity in the engine compartment (starting from the base of the windshield). Note those braces are not in the P5.
engine3.jpg
Blog1.jpg

Top Bottom