• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Hood Opens Backwards?!?

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have not a clue how you generate this stuff(and so quickly) it's great- keep it up!!!!
gu.png

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
there has, already been posted locking ring set-up similar to Ford's GT . Aside from cost, let's not forget the extra weight and increase drag (he's smiling).
I continue to be amazed of people's expectations of what should be included for a $6800 vehicle with price now including electric windows, a.c., a "radio". comfortable seating, mostly U.S. parts and labor and "safe". Whatever comes up short by their standards can easily be upgraded aftermarket. To the comment that you could OTD for $6800 (inclusive of the incentive is just silly). I, and many others expect to walk away in the 10-12k range (still less than I've bought bikes). The very first time I saw a pic of the E and heard it wasn't around 20k base, I went all in, and only after did I realize what a refreshing concept for a new transportation mode.. least we forget the incentive AND the "T" and sticker!!!
Yes, I am indeed fortunate that I could plop down the 1k,and lose it without too much concern. For me it will always be a "toy". this is far and away my longest delayed gratification I've experienced. - my therapist says it's good for me!!!!
When my wife and I had our scooters people would say, "Must be nice to be able to afford a toy like that!". Well, any vehicle we get has to expect to be used for whatever purpose needed. By the time I sold mine (a very sad day) it had 10k after 3 riding seasons and we rode from could to couldn't every year. The Elio is going to get the same treatment, it will be used daily and for any purpose needed. And yes, that should include a whole lot of fun like the scoots!! Oh yeah! I'm pretty good at the whole delayed gratification but it's even stretching the boundaries for me, the sooner the better. As for Bower's graphic about not seeing motorcycles outside a psychiatrist's office, I can only respond "You'd have to be crazy!" (wink)

Top Bottom