• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The I'm All In At $1k Thread

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry. I just had to tell someone. Oh, and my wife is gonna kill me if they don't make this vehicle.

Congrats and welcome to the club!

The good news and bad news is that you will have to wait at least a year to find out. This is bad news because I am sure, like the rest of us, you can't wait to get yours. However the wait could be good news as if this whole deal does go south there is a tiny sliver of hope that she forgets all about it....
and a bigger chance that pigs will fly. :D:D:D

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the club!

The good news and bad news is that you will have to wait at least a year to find out. This is bad news because I am sure, like the rest of us, you can't wait to get yours. However the wait could be good news as if this whole deal does go south there is a tiny sliver of hope that she forgets all about it....
and a bigger chance that pigs will fly. :D:D:D
Oh Ye of little faith!

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering out of the 13,000 + resversations how many were made with 1000 bucks down compared to the folks who ordered with 100 dollars..This should help to determine when delivery will be if this actually happens..I'll surley be pissed if end up with just a t-shirt and bumper sticker costing me $1000.00

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry. I just had to tell someone. Oh, and my wife is gonna kill me if they don't make this vehicle.
Congratulations and I understand about the wife. I went all-in for $100 in Oct 2013, upped it to $500 in Feb 2014 and to $1k 3/22/14 and my wife still has no clue. Guess she will find out when I take delivery

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering out of the 13,000 + resversations how many were made with 1000 bucks down compared to the folks who ordered with 100 dollars..This should help to determine when delivery will be if this actually happens..I'll surley be pissed if end up with just a t-shirt and bumper sticker costing me $1000.00

We don't really have any official stats on this from Elio Motors however what they have told us is that about 80% of all reservation are non-refundable. We also have the reserved production numbers that come out in batches about every 4 or 5 weeks so we do have a good general idea about how many $1000 reservation there are. The last batch included reservations through March 16 and the highest number I have seen is 3405 so it would appear that about 1/4 of all reservations are for the full non-refundable $1000.

Top Bottom