• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The "let's Argue Over Colors And What Elio 'said'" Thread

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is pure BS. There are no color codes for vehicles in states, no laws were ever passed against for for car colors anywhere in the US. Our government can not control that sort of thing. Where did you get that information? I think another internet HOAX got you! "some state there are colors thar are ban (sic), while in other states they are not allowed at all" REALLY? you need to look up what "ban" means.

Hey, this site is not solar powered we run mostly on BS!

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason why yellow is not likely to be offered is purely because of cost. Yellow is by far the most expensive car paint color and to keep the standard price down as low as possible orange is likely about as expensive as EM wants to go without having to deal with colors available for an extra fee.

White, grey, silver, black, and blue are relatively inexpensive then a bit of a jump to red and an even larger jump to yellow. As green is made by mixing blue and yellow it costs about as much as red and the most expensive color they are offering is orange which is made by combining the two most expensive primary colors, red and yellow.

AND.... they already have yellow for mixing those... so what is your point about yellow costing too much? I think you missed your own line of thinking.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paladin you and this guy who thinks certain colors are banned are prohibited from using there word "ban" ever again. That is unless you see fit to ban or push the ignore button on me here. LOL You see then I would be banned not ban.
PS I teach a course on how to be obnoxious. How'm I doing?

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some tome back, Goofy the all knowing said, and I do not quote, there seems to something about a limited number of painting booths...
This is my recollection but if correct it could relate to your discussion.

I remember that, too. I also remember hearing the possibility of "rotating IN" a few other colors on a temporary basis. Yellow was one, and i think purple was mentioned. But I think there will still be issues, as "it won't be the right "shade" of...whatever the color is. I do think tho,it shows that EM does care about our "wants" and is willing to look at the issues.

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paladin you and this guy who thinks certain colors are banned are prohibited from using there word "ban" ever again. That is unless you see fit to ban or push the ignore button on me here. LOL You see then I would be banned not ban.
PS I teach a course on how to be obnoxious. How'm I doing?

You're doing very good, but now it's my turn. You missed the point. I am not the guy that thinks anything is banned. The other guy is the one I was chastising, and he used the word "ban" instead of "banned" and that's why in his quote I put "sic" after "ban", I teach English... and you need a lesson also. LOL

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember that, too. I also remember hearing the possibility of "rotating IN" a few other colors on a temporary basis. Yellow was one, and i think purple was mentioned. But I think there will still be issues, as "it won't be the right "shade" of...whatever the color is. I do think tho,it shows that EM does care about our "wants" and is willing to look at the issues.

Not an issue. How many colors could you get the Hummer in? They are probably using the same paint booth, and I've never heard Elio mention that was the reason they were limiting it to 7 colors. They just said they wanted one for every day of the week, so 8 would not fit that profile they used. With today's paint booths, you do not dedicate a paint booth to a certain color. They push a few code buttons on the computer, and the new color is automatically brought to the paint shop. But, the lines still have some of the old color in them (even after flushing) and that's why there are color variations in every factory color. How many Nissan Cube "white" colors are there? After Nissan changes from some other color to white, the color over the next very many cars changes slightly with each one. The body shops get color chips with codes as the colors change so they can match the paint in the body shop. The body shop holds the chip against the car and tries to match the correct color (there are about 10 different whites). They got it wrong the first time on my wife's car and I could see the subtle difference and then I looked at the chips and picked the correct one, and they had to re-paint it. You see it's really pretty complicated, but changing colors is easy and something they do every day in automotive paint shops.

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, let's push Elio to let the first thousand "all in" people get a special color request to make a real collectible car for the first 1000 produced! (smile)

Top Bottom