• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The "let's Argue Over Colors And What Elio 'said'" Thread

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
blue and white.jpg
This is the '50s style I'd love to have. I hope some company will produce that chrome they use for the color division here. Think of the possibilities! Kind of reminds you of a Nash Metropolitan

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't say it made any difference. I just said there are seven spray booths.

The whole discussion, in case you lost track, was "what is the reason for seven colors and no other choices." Having 7 booths is not the reason, is what I was getting at, since one booth can paint as many colors as you like. I realize there "might" be only 7 booths (can anyone actually confirm this?) but that really makes no difference for the discussion we were having (the reason for only 7 colors). I hope that clears this up? ;)

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having 7 booths is not the reason)
You don't know for a fact that that is not their reason.

(can anyone actually confirm this?)
I just did.

With reasonable men, I will reason;
with humane men I will plead;
but to tyrants I will give no quarter,
nor waste arguments where they will certainly be lost.
-William Lloyd Garrison

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The whole discussion, in case you lost track, was "what is the reason for seven colors and no other choices." Having 7 booths is not the reason, is what I was getting at, since one booth can paint as many colors as you like. I realize there "might" be only 7 booths (can anyone actually confirm this?) but that really makes no difference for the discussion we were having (the reason for only 7 colors). I hope that clears this up? ;)

I can't resist, Have Paint Gun will Travel and lecture.

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't know for a fact that that is not their reason.

I just did.

With reasonable men, I will reason;
with humane men I will plead;
but to tyrants I will give no quarter,
nor waste arguments where they will certainly be lost.
-William Lloyd Garrison

And you don't know that it is... it would make no sense to think it was the reason since paint booths in this day and age are never dedicated to one color. But it's a moot point. 7 colors is all they're offering right now. Not because they only have 7 booths (since it's easy to push a button and change colors in a GM (or any car manufacturer) paint booth), but because they wanted one for each day of the week (their reason, not mine). And since they said that was their reasoning for the seven colors, then in answer to your statement, "You don't know for a fact that that is not their reason." I would say by their own words, I DO know that is the reason. You can't argue with Elio. They are the ones that made that statement. They didn't say the reason for 7 was because that was all the paint booths they had. They said it was because they wanted one for each day of the week. Now why are you arguing with that statement? If they had 10 paint booths, they would still only be making 7 colors according their statement. And you don't even have a reservation number, so why do you care?

Top Bottom