• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The "let's Argue Over Colors And What Elio 'said'" Thread

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The whole discussion, in case you lost track, was "what is the reason for seven colors and no other choices." Having 7 booths is not the reason, is what I was getting at, since one booth can paint as many colors as you like. I realize there "might" be only 7 booths (can anyone actually confirm this?) but that really makes no difference for the discussion we were having (the reason for only 7 colors). I hope that clears this up? ;)
go to the search box at the top of the page, and search "paint colors" and view all the previous post. Goofyone has addressed this several times. I believe he did say the reason for 7 colors is because there are 7 booths, and it is a big deal to change colors. Elio did say recently that they will switch up the colors on occasion, but I think Goofyone posted that also.

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
go to the search box at the top of the page, and search "paint colors" and view all the previous post. Goofyone has addressed this several times. I believe he did say the reason for 7 colors is because there are 7 booths, and it is a big deal to change colors. Elio did say recently that they will switch up the colors on occasion, but I think Goofyone posted that also.

And Goofyone is who? A real person that works on the inside at Elio and has intel that he is sharing directly from the heads at Elio? And why would it be a big deal to change colors when GM could do it with the push of a few buttons? Where does Goofyone get all this enlightening information that doesn't fly in the face of logic?

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And Goofyone is who? A real person that works on the inside at Elio and has intel that he is sharing directly from the heads at Elio? And why would it be a big deal to change colors when GM could do it with the push of a few buttons? Where does Goofyone get all this enlightening information that doesn't fly in the face of logic?
He is the moderator of this site, and has inside contacts that he occasionally is in contact with. If you put "paint" in the search box, I think I saw some of the same conversations you guys are having on page2-4

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is the moderator of this site, and has inside contacts that he occasionally is in contact with. If you put "paint" in the search box, I think I saw some of the same conversations you guys are having on page 4

I, too, have inside contacts. My information is just as reliable as his. I also rely heavily on logic, and I understand how the automotive industry works, having spent many years in it. And I understand the mechanics of how things work and what technology we have today. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Elio said the reason for 7 was one for every day of the week. They never told anyone publicly (and we can't necessarily believe any conversations done in private) it was because they only had 7 paint booths. Take it for what it's worth. This thread has gotten way off topic and I wish I could delete my whole thread. After all, I did start the thread, so I guess I'll moderate this thread.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I, too, have inside contacts. My information is just as reliable as his. I also rely heavily on logic, and I understand how the automotive industry works, having spent many years in it. And I understand the mechanics of how things work and what technology we have today. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Elio said the reason for 7 was one for every day of the week. They never told anyone publicly (and we can't necessarily believe any conversations done in private) it was because they only had 7 paint booths. Take it for what it's worth. This thread has gotten way off topic and I wish I could delete my whole thread. After all, I did start the thread, so I guess I'll moderate this thread.
Ok, go with that then.

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is pure BS. There are no color codes for vehicles in states, no laws were ever passed against for for car colors anywhere in the US. Our government can not control that sort of thing. Where did you get that information? I think another internet HOAX got you! "some state there are colors thar are ban (sic), while in other states they are not allowed at all" REALLY? you need to look up what "ban" means.
Get with the thread.....we were talking about the color of LIGHTS that people put on their cars.....now how about backing up and punting......

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paladin you and this guy who thinks certain colors are banned are prohibited from using there word "ban" ever again. That is unless you see fit to ban or push the ignore button on me here. LOL You see then I would be banned not ban.
PS I teach a course on how to be obnoxious. How'm I doing?
You also, go back and read in context....we were talking about the color of lights on vehicles....not the vehicle color....CATCH UP.

Paladin

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
my bad. That's not what it looked like. I read all the threads. Must have missed something. I have to admit, that is what it sounded like, but I read it that we were talking about car colors. After all, that's what I started this thread for, not to talk about adding lights and other accessories. There are other threads for that. I wish there was some way to delete a thread when it gets off-topic.

Top Bottom