• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The "let's Argue Over Colors And What Elio 'said'" Thread

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
whoops sorry for not clarifying my desire from post 163:

"Could you show the black (licorice) being offered by Elio? It looks muted or faded from what I hope for on their website. If it is actually as bright and vibrant as your colors, I will be pleased. Thanks in advance."

Ah, I thought you were simply being a smart aleck over here and joined in. :D

Since you did have a serious question and I am not sure of the answer I will wish you good luck on your quest however I am not sure if anyone does have the answer to this question at this point as it may not be available just yet. :)

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only two colors we're sure of is the P-3 Rocket Silver and P-4 Creamcicle. I'm hoping eventually we will at least see panels of the actual colors. Maybe that's something they can do when the test drive vehicles start making the rounds, a panel for each color. I for one would like to see actual vehicles in the 7 colors and make my decision from there but moving around 7 vehicles, isn't even remotely possible financially. Trying to pick a color off a computer is not the ideal situation, as has been discussed before colors differ from one computer to another. So....we'll just have to wait and see what happens!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't believe the silver on the p3 is going to be the rocket sliver...since it actually looks gray in the pics on the site.

I would like to see a bright silver instead of the gray though
I've seen the P3 and it is a good looking silver and doesn't look gray. It is my second color choice.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The P3 is silver and the stated color is silver so I would expect it to be along those lines however as far as I know the final colors will not be the exact colors we see in the prototypes but close to them. The biggest issue is that the current prototypes do not even use the same body material as the final vehicle as the prototypes use traditional fiberglass body panels instead of the fiber reinforced SMC composite panels the production vehicles will use.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only two colors we're sure of is the P-3 Rocket Silver and P-4 Creamcicle. I'm hoping eventually we will at least see panels of the actual colors. ..... I for one would like to see actual vehicles in the 7 colors and make my decision from there ...... Trying to pick a color off a computer is not the ideal situation....
I have that same issue with the blue. Id like to consider blue but the blue I see online just sucks. But in person, on a real car may be a totally different experience. The silver is on the P3 and the P4, white and black all seem rather predictable and relative to the online images, but everything else could be very different. It will be a last minute decision for me, and hopefully I'll see some images from existing product before that.

I know very well that the color, tone and contrast changes the perceived persona of a car in very dramatic ways.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
is it correct that no matter which of the 7 colors you choose, the OEM front and rear tire cowlings will be black .... as is the case with the P4 currently on display .... for an additional fee, you can order the cowlings painted to match the color of the Elio

Jim

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
is it correct that no matter which of the 7 colors you choose, the OEM front and rear tire cowlings will be black .... as is the case with the P4 currently on display .... for an additional fee, you can order the cowlings painted to match the color of the Elio

Jim
Yes that is the way I understand it.

Top Bottom