• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Natural Foods Diet Suggestions Thread.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do you use to stay healthy? What foods and/or what supplements? What problems do you have in health and how are you mitigating them?

I'll start with one, I take 'Immune Support Gummies' daily, and have not been sick off work for two years.

There are a few/couple of blood-sugar conditions I can have at times. One of them I get a kind of odd constant hunger and a pressing 'dome' feeling in my tummy. In that one I take a Choline supplement (part of the methene group of organics?) for a couple days, and that one is gone.
For another similar issue I need niacin, B12 and Iodine up-take up to par and that's what helps me. I suggest there are either Hypo or Hyper sugar conditions that relate to running out of the materials your body needs for sugar control, or anti-sugar control, or the anti-anti-anti etc versions. There is actually about four pairs (or more) of item/anti-item pairs involved in blood sugar control, it's quite complex. Your body can get insensitive, intolerant or unresponsive in any of that, but certainly at the basic level you need to be sure it has all the required materials to work with.

Too much table sugar, processed starch or other highly process foods tends to deplete and aggravate any or all of it.

The most basic notion I keep in mind is that cellulose in greens etc regulates the speed and processing of sugars in digestion, and that the same vegetation supplies much of the nutrients noted above as well.

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering about gluten. I read somewhere that about 1 in 330 people have problems because of it but there could be other problems with it that might be effecting us all. Not sure. So I am trying to cut down on my intake of gluten just to see if I feel any different. So I baked some sorghum oatmeal cookies. (No gluten in sorghum). They are delicious. Even better than the molasses (also gluten free) cookies I made last year. We have a carry in at work for a Thanksgiving meal and I will make a couple batches of the sorghum cookies for that. There is also a sorghum flour available but haven't tried that yet.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering about gluten. I read somewhere that about 1 in 330 people have problems because of it but there could be other problems with it that might be effecting us all. Not sure. So I am trying to cut down on my intake of gluten just to see if I feel any different. So I baked some sorghum oatmeal cookies. (No gluten in sorghum). They are delicious. Even better than the molasses (also gluten free) cookies I made last year. We have a carry in at work for a Thanksgiving meal and I will make a couple batches of the sorghum cookies for that. There is also a sorghum flour available but haven't tried that yet.
I found a good supplier of gluten-free Turkey if you are interested... and gluten-free water :shocked:

It's odd that I can't remember a single person growing up who had a peanut allergy but suddenly, it seems like everyone is allergic to peanuts. Why do these things trend like this?

https://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/2015/06/11/think-youre-sensitive-to-gluten-think-again

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a crazy theory about how to help reduce the common sore throat due to colds. I haven't found information yet that might support this theory but in my mind it's plausible. The question is: What do the germ's eat? I'm speculating that at least some of the germs food comes from what we eat as it passes the throat to the stomach and also food stuck in our teeth after eating. So here is what I'm trying:

Before going to bed every night I use a water pick to clean my teeth and then use Crest Pro Health to kill "99%" of the germs. So far it seems to be helping. I wake up feeling pretty good.

Who knows. Maybe brushing after every "meal" and then a mouth rinse would help even more.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of crazy tactics.... I do not drink alcohol at all, but I keep a re-purposed oral spray bottle filled with straight vodka in my bed-side drawers. If I feel even a mild tickle I spray abundantly . I keep a bubble of air in my mouth while I vaporize the vodka for 30 seconds (or until I can't stand it anymore), then slowly breathe that in and back out the nose. Pretty much a full sweep of all those channels.
It takes well over 5 years to use one bottle of vodka. So I still claim to be a non-drinker. :cool: Seems to work really well for bio attacks to those areas.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of crazy tactics.... I do not drink alcohol at all, but I keep a re-purposed oral spray bottle filled with straight vodka in my bed-side drawers. If I feel even a mild tickle I spray abundantly . I keep a bubble of air in my mouth while I vaporize the vodka for 30 seconds (or until I can't stand it anymore), then slowly breathe that in and back out the nose. Pretty much a full sweep of all those channels.
It takes well over 5 years to use one bottle of vodka. So I still claim to be a non-drinker. :cool: Seems to work really well for bio attacks to those areas.
When I was working as an extra on "Independence Day: Resurgence", the people in charge of costumes would spray our outfits down with a water/vodka mix because the vodka would kill the bacteria that causes stink. Those outfits never did have bad smells though we definitely sweat in them with all the running around they had us doing.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have found ice cream very helpful. The more toppings the better. Is it healthy? Probably not, but it does reduce stress quite nicely.
People with lower stress levels tend to live longer too. Lower stress and moderate exercise is probably more important than many of our food choices.

Top Bottom