• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The New Price? How Dare They........

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL... This thread for a guy with one post. Anyway, I'll throw in 2 cents anyway in case someone else reads this thread and wants to cry about the "increase" in price.

Since the $6,800 target, Elio added cruise control and only raised the price $200. They've also added a bunch of other little things ... windshield washer bottle, much improved hood hinges, and a trunk holder upper thingy comes to mind.
OK. Snivel, snivel, grumble, gripe, complain, b wahhh!
"Make anyone feel better"? Haha

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL... This thread for a guy with one post. Anyway, I'll throw in 2 cents anyway in case someone else reads this thread and wants to cry about the "increase" in price.

Since the $6,800 target, Elio added cruise control and only raised the price $200. They've also added a bunch of other little things ... windshield washer bottle, much improved hood hinges, and a trunk holder upper thingy comes to mind.
And ANALOG gauges !!!! :p
And a whole new unibody !!!!!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have to go and see if I can find an ad that EM had when the Elio first came out, it was advertised as **Under $8,000.00
$7.300 is under $8K, so it $6,800 so going by an early days poster, anything under $8K is right.

Early days end of 2012 early 2013 just when the P2 came out. The P2 is the Elio in the picture.

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Howdy and welcome from Arizona 9k! Going from 6800 to 7000? Seriously? I figured it'd be alot more than that! Betcha those that don't get in on the first 65k will pay more than that! (Wanna bet)???
Hey there, a fellow Zonie! I'm in Phoenix, the corporate home of Elio.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll have to go and see if I can find an ad that EM had when the Elio first came out, it was advertised as **Under $8,000.00
$7.300 is under $8K, so it $6,800 so going by an early days poster, anything under $8K is right.

Early days end of 2012 early 2013 just when the P2 came out. The P2 is the Elio in the picture.

There is this one for under $7,500:

image-jpeg.10385.jpg

2barrel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I bought my first Honda Civic in the early 70's pick up price was $300 over book. Same thing when I picked up my Mini in 2003. I think that was $700 more than when I signed. In both cases the answer was if you don't want it someone else will!!! Supply and demand drives prices. People will pay whatever it is worth to them. Go Elio

Top Bottom