• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Official 2019 Nascar Thread

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The nose and grill look Mustang, but the rest of the body looks longer then a stock Mustang.
It looks kind of stretched in the rear, and the rear side windows don't quite look right compared to a stock Mustang.
I don't think (going from appearance) that they're going to have as many problems as the Camaro.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
UPDATE 8-29-2018: With the GMS talks having apparently collapsed, sources said that another possible option for Truex that has now opened up is for him to go to Joe Gibbs Racing. That possibility could see Truex move into JGR's No. 19 Toyota, while JGR could send rising Mexican star Daniel Suarez to Leavine Family Racing's No. 95 Toyota. FRR, JGR and LFR had no comment on that possibility.

per Jayski

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, putting Suarez right after Carl retired was kind of a mistake, he's not doing real well.
I wonder if it's him, or the team?
JGR seems to have his fingers in all of the pies, and I don't know if Truex is going to "fit in" to the JGR mold.
They sure didn't get along after that blow up in the pits last year.
And Shrub might pout like crazy if Truex does better then he does.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the following is per NASCAR's website ===> Ryan Newman announced via Twitter on Saturday afternoon that he would not return to Richard Childress Racing after the 2018 season.

The veteran driver, who is in his fifth season with RCR, says his intention is to compete full time in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in 2019, but he is not ready to announce his plans yet.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Same with Jamie McMurry and the #1 car, he's out, but there is looking like it's going to be Kurt Busch in that car, he's out of contract at the 41 car (the Steward-Haas Team) and I thought there would be some internal friction there when they signed on Boyer, and I don't think it's all happy happy joy joy there. But there are no signed contracts yet.
So it's musical drivers at the end of the year, I wonder if Kasey Khane is coming back, they're are not making any progress on his supposed illness.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tony wasn't happy when his partner (Gene Haas) hired Kurt .... Tony wanted Ryan Newman .... if Kurt leaves, I wouldn't be surprised to see Newman end up at Stewart - Haas .... I tend to believe that Kasey is done

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be, but Ryan's time is past, he needs to retire. His best years have come and gone, he's not really competitive any longer.
Kasey is in the same boat, his best years are behind him also.
They both have enough money to retire (I'm sure they were both being paid very well).
But they both aren't ready to give it up, they still feel the need to compete. I can see both of them working behind the scenes, but they aren't ready to call it quits for some reason.

Top Bottom