• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am rather surprised that more progress hasn't been made on the car. I'm a mere amateur working on my car in my spare time but have totally rebuilt it. including designing, making and fitting a one-off fuel injection system for the Suzuki Swift /Geo Metro engine (and one other important modification....)
Nice build!
Elio, does have a few more considerations than just getting it all to work, or even looking nice for the biggest population they can satisfy. Especially they must get past the limitations of 'one-off'.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but even so, they have a team of full time experts who have had a very long time to get going. To show a bare metal chassis with unpainted bodywork held on by welding clamps a few weeks before a major "show" is disappointing to say the least.

I THINK THIS IS A TRICK . THE PICTURES ARE JUST RELEASED BUT OLD .

IT IS LIKE THE SCENE IN MONTY PYTHON'S HOLY GRAIL MOVIE WHERE SIR LANCELOT IS RACING TOWARDS
THE CASTLE GUARDS OVER & OVER & OVER . THEN SUDDENLY HE IS ON TOP OF THEM .

PERHAPS THEY ARE SALTING THE INTERNET WITH CAREFULLY CONTROLLED OUTDATED PICTURES
TO BUILD ANTICIPATION . WHEN THE TIME COMES IT WILL SUDDENLY APPEAR IN FINISHED FORM
AS THOUGH BY MAGIC .

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a conspiracy!

Anyway, I think the time comes from having to meticulously document everything. In order to get useful information for the designers, they have to take very accurate measurements of the frame and each component prior to assembly, then mark and fabricate and inspect the necessary brackets. This takes a lot of time, dry fitting, removing, trimming, re-fitting, re-measuring, then feeding the info to designers to modify the drawings. I expect the final build to happen much quicker once all of the tedious fit checking, fabrication and documentation work is complete.

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a conspiracy!

Anyway, I think the time comes from having to meticulously document everything. In order to get useful information for the designers, they have to take very accurate measurements of the frame and each component prior to assembly, then mark and fabricate and inspect the necessary brackets. This takes a lot of time, dry fitting, removing, trimming, re-fitting, re-measuring, then feeding the info to designers to modify the drawings. I expect the final build to happen much quicker once all of the tedious fit checking, fabrication and documentation work is complete.
Measure twice cut once.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but even so, they have a team of full time experts who have had a very long time to get going. To show a bare metal chassis with unpainted bodywork held on by welding clamps a few weeks before a major "show" is disappointing to say the least.

IT IS LIKE THE SCENE IN MONTY PYTHON'S HOLY GRAIL MOVIE WHERE SIR LANCELOT IS RACING TOWARDS

PERHAPS THEY ARE SALTING THE INTERNET WITH CAREFULLY CONTROLLED OUTDATED PICTURES
TO BUILD ANTICIPATION . WHEN THE TIME COMES IT WILL SUDDENLY APPEAR IN FINISHED FORM
AS THOUGH BY MAGIC .
Not true. I checked and posted the EXIF data. Taken since 9/21

Last edited:

lnwlf40

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Received via email from EM. Here's the part that states the engine was installed in the P5 on 9/21, then provided the infamous photos we have been dissecting.

Elio Motors Momentum v21

ELIO_05506_Momentum_Blog_Masthead_1_B.jpg

Engine Fastened to Chassis as P5 Build Rolls Along

IAV and Elio Motors officially unveiled the first engine prototype on March 6, 2015. It was tested on a dynamometer, and then disassembled so each individual component could be analyzed. After making a few minor adjustments, another prototype engine was developed and assembled by IAV.

enginecollage21.jpg

On Sept. 21, that engine prototype was assembled to the Elio Motors P5 prototype frame, a major step forward in our development.

Adding the engine to the P5 chassis is one of the most exciting milestones we’ve hit this year and we’re happy to share that behind the scenes look with you today. We’re looking forward to rolling out the finished version of the P5 in the near future and ultimately to rolling these vehicles off the assembly line in Shreveport.

NEW_BUTTON_GREEN_INVESTMENT_OFFERING_200px1.jpg

facebook-24x24.png linkedin-24x24.png twitter-24x24.png googleplus-24x24.png

Elio Motors 2942 North 24th Street Suite 114-700 Phoenix, AZ 85016 US

You received this email because you are subscribed to Informational Email from Elio Motors.

Update your email preferences to choose the types of emails you receive.

Unsubscribe from all future emails

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

AS THOUGH BY MAGIC .
The extif data from the pictures makes it seem like they were taken the day of release.

Top Bottom