• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
pb199971-1.jpg

I hope those baby tires that look like an average car's spare tires will hold up and be as strong and long lasting as the tires on your average compact sedan. I don't know though. 60-80k seems like a stretch.

Reaction score
This post may be deleted but I will post it anyway.

I would like to add something to the underside of the vehicle along the centerline towards the rear of the vehicle.

I would like to add a large dildo with large gonads. When the ignition is on, it is retracted up into the vehicle. When the ignition is off, it hangs down facing forward.

The only hard part of this is mustering up the nerve to buy the dildo.

IT'S A GIRL !

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope those baby tires that look like an average car's spare tires will hold up and be as strong and long lasting as the tires on your average compact sedan. I don't know though. 60-80k seems like a stretch.

You have me thinking about that rear tire. The most I've ever gotten from a motorcycle rear tire is 14k miles, using a tire intended for a 900 pound motorcycle.

AJ Maxey

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They'll last just as long as or longer than the standard economy car tires. The P5 is a 1250lb car in which roughly 800lbs sit on the front two tires. 400lbs per 135 wide tire. To put that in a proportional perspective, that's 3lbs/mm.

The standard economy car weighs about 2500lbs in which roughly 1500lbs sit on the front two tires. They sully sit on a 195-205 wide tire. That's 750lbs per tire. In comparison to the P5, that's about 3.75lbs/mm.

AJ Maxey

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You have me thinking about that rear tire. The most I've ever gotten from a motorcycle rear tire is 14k miles, using a tire intended for a 900 pound motorcycle.
The rear tire on a motorcycle is the drive tire and rubber compound is softer on motorcycles for increased traction. The P5 rear tire is free wheeling and will be made of standard automotive rubber compound.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
They'll last just as long as or longer than the standard economy car tires. The P5 is a 1250lb car in which roughly 800lbs sit on the front two tires. 400lbs per 135 wide tire. To put that in a proportional perspective, that's 3lbs/mm.

The standard economy car weighs about 2500lbs in which roughly 1500lbs sit on the front two tires. They sully sit on a 195-205 wide tire. That's 750lbs per tire. In comparison to the P5, that's about 3.75lbs/mm.

Very appreciative of your tire knowledge, good stuff!

Top Bottom