• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Talk Me Into $1k Thread

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well the 50% promotion has now dropped to 25% and reservation numbers have flattened out a bit. It is still worthwhile to go "all in" over "want in" because if (heaven forbid) a calamity caused Paul Elio's company to declare bankruptcy I would dare to say everyone (in both categories) would end up losers -- i.e. your money back promise probably would not be honored. So in reality the only advantage of being a "want in" reservation holder is that they can backout of actually buying the car. Since I went "All In" I can only skip my place in line only once but then I would have to either commit to buying the car or forfeit the $1000. If, by chance, I decide to buy it but don't like driving it afterall, I can of course sell it, and the $500 price cut (from the 50% promotion) might actually take the sting out of that option.
Welcome to the forum RevTriker. I believe that if you "decide to buy it but don't like driving it", I would venture to guess you will be able to sell your Elio for a considerable profit within the first year. They will become extremely popular once people see them on the street, and realize they are unable to purchase one for a year, unless they have a reservation. Most of the people I talk to every day have never seen or heard of the Elio. When they hit the streets, it is my opinion, they will be as popular as the VW bug, when it came to America. I bet a $1000 it will. Oh wait, I already did. Again, welcome RevTrike.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Well the 50% promotion has now dropped to 25% and reservation numbers have flattened out a bit. It is still worthwhile to go "all in" over "want in" because if (heaven forbid) a calamity caused Paul Elio's company to declare bankruptcy I would dare to say everyone (in both categories) would end up losers -- i.e. your money back promise probably would not be honored. So in reality the only advantage of being a "want in" reservation holder is that they can backout of actually buying the car. Since I went "All In" I can only skip my place in line only once but then I would have to either commit to buying the car or forfeit the $1000. If, by chance, I decide to buy it but don't like driving it afterall, I can of course sell it, and the $500 price cut (from the 50% promotion) might actually take the sting out of that option.
Welcome :)

StevenB

Elio Fan
Reaction score
So, does anyone have a best guess when we might expect production to begin? All in, locked in, I just want to ride, I want to be free, I don't want to be hassled by the man! Haha!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, does anyone have a best guess when we might expect production to begin? All in, locked in, I just want to ride, I want to be free, I don't want to be hassled by the man! Haha!
you haven't suffered long enough to ask. There are folks here who went in with their birthday gifts they received as teenagers, who could now benefit from the E to go out for diapers for their own kids. :-(

Top Bottom