• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Turbo Elio Is Coming!

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Extra HP is always a good thing, and I like the mention of first year vehicles being able to opt for a retrofit and still be covered by the warranty. As for the internals, I'm hoping they had the supercharger/turbo/whichever in mind when they engineered the lower end. As for lowering the compression ratio, it should be as simple as adding a spacer plate between the head and the block. I'm going to keep mine NA unless they can show that the same mpg can be acheived with a supercharger/turbo/whichever. 84 mile round-trip to work everyday.

I t is unlikely that the mpg will stay the same with a higher power output.

Turbochargers allow for smaller engines to be used and that can result in savings. But the same engine with a turbo will need more energy to produce more energy, everything else being equal.

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I t is unlikely that the mpg will stay the same with a higher power output.

Turbochargers allow for smaller engines to be used and that can result in savings. But the same engine with a turbo will need more energy to produce more energy, everything else being equal.

Only if you're pushing into the extra power provided by the turbo. Normal driving that doesn't promote the turbo to produce, shouldn't change the milage, unless you've really changed something else to give it even more power.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone remember a while back, we were talking about the PR person of Elio Motors? The first paragraph tells who it is, describing the person as a media relations person.

"At the event, I spent some time with company owner, Paul Elio, vice president, Jerome Vassallo and its media relations extraordinaire, Pam Vassallo."

The PR person appears to be (don't know for sure) the wife of vice president, Jerome Vassallo. She is well "anchored".

I am sure she could do a better job than I could. I believe I read months ago, Jerome and Pam Vassallo sold their house, purchased an elaborate motorhome, and is touring with the tour group. I know I have seen the motorhome with the tour. That is real dedication. I hope I am remembering this correctly. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Read more: http://www.insidercarnews.com/exclusive-story-elio-motors-looking-at-forced-induction-and-tdi-in-the-future/#ixzz3fpNFjB00

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone remember a while back, we were talking about the PR person of Elio Motors? The first paragraph tells who it is, describing the person as a media relations person.

"At the event, I spent some time with company owner, Paul Elio, vice president, Jerome Vassallo and its media relations extraordinaire, Pam Vassallo."

The PR person appears to be (don't know for sure) the wife of vice president, Jerome Vassallo. She is well "anchored".

I am sure she could do a better job than I could. I believe I read months ago, Jerome and Pam Vassallo sold their house, purchased an elaborate motorhome, and is touring with the tour group. I know I have seen the motorhome with the tour. That is real dedication. I hope I am remembering this correctly. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Read more: http://www.insidercarnews.com/exclusive-story-elio-motors-looking-at-forced-induction-and-tdi-in-the-future/#ixzz3fpNFjB00

Jerome's wife's name is Pam .... she's a very nice, capable person .... they did sell their home and buy an RV .... I was under the impression it was a travel trailer but it most certainly could be a motorhome ....

Top Bottom