• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Work Force In Shreveport

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having worked as a temp worker on an automobile production line there is not a lot of skill required .The line that I was on involved 70% women .

Reaction score
Lawrence G. If you had copied & pasted it on this forum, I would have read it. But, I am not clicking that rag.
Elf, Go to youtube and punch in Shreveport. I watched 9 videos and it scared me. Yes, you can train people to do mundane jobs but will they pass a piss test to get hired in the first place? Somebody is going to have maintain the equipment the operators use. Are they going to show up for work? That place is a mess and elio is stepping into in.

jevans64

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I did engine assembly and even that wasn't too terribly complicated. Just have to have the brain-power to follow the BOM. Unemployment is at 6.0% so there should be enough people to available to filter out the bad ones. Not the case where I live since unemployment is at 3.8% and falling. It is hard to find good workers and turn-over is high.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the population count is irrelevant. A good portion of the USA workforce is mobile. IF the pay is decent workers will move to the area that has the jobs. When a city becomes downgraded because of economics, everything from housing to food become much more affordable. A good example would be workers coming from New York City. The cost of living there is so high many cannot afford to buy their own home with any kind of land. Drug related issues are everywhere so I would not use that as a determining factor if relocating. I've been to that part of Louisiana before (I'm from Ohio "damn Yankee") and they are pretty good people. I think if word got out the skilled workers would flock to the area. Provided of course that a company, like Elio, moves into the area and pays well.

Top Bottom