• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Forum And Firefox

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else: When I load a page there is a green, rotating circle just under the menu bar (left side of the tab, under Edit) which continues to rotate even after the page has been loaded. This is the only site that exhibits this behavior. Just trying to figure out what's going on.

At the very bottom of the page there is a message: Read gstatic.com among others.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still gun shy about ANYTHING not normal after the BS I'm dealing with on my 'puter :eek:, but Yahoo says:

"gstatic.com is a domain used by Google which is an other company that is part of a network of sites, cookies, and other technologies used to track you, what you do and what you click on, as you go from site to site, surfing the Web. Over time, sites like gstatic.com can help make an online profile of you usually including the sites you visit, your searches, purchases, and other behavior. Your profile can then be exchanged and sold between various companies like gstatic.com as well as being sold to other advertisers and marketers."

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Still gun shy about ANYTHING not normal after the BS I'm dealing with on my 'puter :eek:, but Yahoo says:

"gstatic.com is a domain used by Google which is an other company that is part of a network of sites, cookies, and other technologies used to track you, what you do and what you click on, as you go from site to site, surfing the Web. Over time, sites like gstatic.com can help make an online profile of you usually including the sites you visit, your searches, purchases, and other behavior. Your profile can then be exchanged and sold between various companies like gstatic.com as well as being sold to other advertisers and marketers."

that's the reason I stopped using Google Chrome and went to Firefox

Jim

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Another reason why I don't use google

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Problem Solved!
The problem was due to Blur (formerly Do Not Track Me). If I enable it, the circle rotates continually. If I disable Blur the rotation stops as soon as the page loads.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm with Jim on the Firefox, more times than I can count they have saved my fat from the proverbial fire! ;)
Also, thanks to my son, who did "IT" in addition to teaching, turned me on to the free versions of AVG and
Superantispyware, our puter's run flawlessly. When I remember to update them! :rolleyes:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Geeezzz I feel like a caveman now; I still use IE and don't have any problems with it. I kind of got in the rut with it because we had to use it with a couple of specialty programs we ran. (I was CIO for a privately owned chain of Title & Escrow companies for 10 years). For AV I run ESET and absolutely love it. Yeah, I'm a retired Geek (aka Wizard). Seems strange to say that after working for 50 years (the Retired thing).

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ghostery is a pretty good utility you add to your browser that I've used for a couple of years. It helps to prevent information about where you go on the internet to be sent out of your computer (don't know that anything is perfect in the computer world). When you use ghostery it shows you each site that is tracking you. On my computer as I am typing now Facebook Connect, Google Absence, Google Analytics, Google Platform, and Twitter button are tracking me but ghostery is blocking those sites from gathering the information they seek. Ghostery allows you to control which sites can collect data from you. On some sites you can't see videos and other information they have unless you allow certain sites to collect your data. Ghostery puts you in control. It's free and you can use your search engine to find it if you want. I also use SuperAntiSpyware (free version) which helps delete spyware placed on your computer. I am not a geek but have used computers ever since the Commodore 64 days.

As you and others have pointed out above google Is one of the worst at gathering data on you. But the above utilities help to make me fairly invisible. They make me feel better anyway (at least I'm trying). I'm sure big brother has other ways of keeping up with us.:mad:

Top Bottom