• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Is Promising

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any time you try to get government money you get involved with politics.

I do think it is relevant, since the President elect repeatedly expressed his intention to get rid of the EPA.
Last time I checked, the EPA issues ATVM loans. Sorry to have to mention this.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I do think it is relevant, since the President elect repeatedly expressed his intention to get rid of the EPA.
Voyager, please read the Forum Rules; Religion and Politics are not allowed on this site.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When members discuss or make the point that EM's anticipated production date is based on the approval of the government ATVM Loan we bring government (not politics) into the discussion. Will the new administration continue to fund the existing DoE Programs? There are indicators that become political. However, the simple Yes or No response will be answered with the adoption of the New Budget. A question posed without discussing politics.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
When members discuss or make the point that EM's anticipated production date is based on the approval of the government ATVM Loan we bring government (not politics) into the discussion. Will the new administration continue to fund the existing DoE Programs? There are indicators that become political. However, the simple Yes or No response will be answered with the adoption of the New Budget. A question posed without discussing politics.
But this is a political discussion when you bring up the election winners or losers and what effect that they might have.
It is to close to the line that it's best left alone because it is so very easy to go over the edge and become a full blown argument.
It's poking the bear with a very sharp stick.
Since the change in power will not happen till months from now, it all speculation.

It is such a touchy area I have to ask you to work with me on this. Change the topic, or drop it, or whatever, but it's rolling down a hill very quickly and can go out of control in a blink of an eye.

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But this is a political discussion when you bring up the election winners or losers and what effect that they might have.
It is to close to the line that it's best left alone because it is so very easy to go over the edge and become a full blown argument.
It's poking the bear with a very sharp stick.
Since the change in power will not happen till months from now, it all speculation.

It is such a touchy area I have to ask you to work with me on this. Change the topic, or drop it, or whatever, but it's rolling down a hill very quickly and can go out of control in a blink of an eye.

I am not right. It is not the EPA, of course. I apologize.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DOE issues ATVM loans, not EPA. How hard did you check?

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a question. I saw a funny video I want to post in the humor thread, but it is poking fun at a politician.
Would that be OK?

Top Bottom