• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Just Can't Last!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't have to be fair.
This is going to put a black mark on diesels that will take a long time to clean up.
Look what Corvair did to rear engine, domestic, air cooled cars. And that wasn't really true.
Look what the early GM diesel cars did to early diesel reputation.
This is going to damage the entire small diesel movement for some time..

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
sneaky ain't half of it!! Today's news has the problem expanding internationally.
Lawsuits have begun, people who thought they were helping the air, people who liked the mileage and the pep, and with a resolve months, if not a year to will this be the end of diesels ??, and for sure the end of ay U S owner loyalty?? Loved my rabbit years ago, taught my kids stick-shift, pop the clutch, never stalled!!

The same car I really learned and enjoyed to drive around and completely bought on my own dime.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
what's next

An Elio- vangelist - encourager - describer / investor #9145.................?
Historian.

"Grandpa, tell us the story about how you gave a thousand dollars of Grandma's money to that guy who said he'd sell you a car with only three wheels."
- Wife smirks from kitchen
- I scowl as I blow dust off the USB photo album marked 2012 - 2016.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Volkswagen May Never Recover From This Mess
"If VW gets its reputation back, it will be clawing up the side of a very high mountain."
[Broken External Image]
Emily PeckExecutive Editor, Business and Technology
Posted: 09/23/2015 11:24 AM EDT | Edited: 3 hours ago
It took Volkswagen years to build its reputation in the United States as a hip, countercultural brand -- so cool that an ad for the company is used in an episode of "Mad Men" to signal the fast-changing advertising landscape.

That carefully cultivated brand quickly lost its magic after the Environmental Protection Agency charged the automaker with purposefully designing software for Volkswagen diesel vehicles that skirted environmental regulations.

On Wednesday, chief executive Martin Winterkorn announced he would step down from the company in the wake of the scandal. "As CEO I accept responsibility for the irregularities that have been found in diesel engines," he said in a statement. "Volkswagen needs a fresh start -- also in terms of personnel. I am clearing the way for this fresh start with my resignation."

Volkswagen’s brand perception plummeted into negative territory this week -- meaning more people are hearing bad things about the automaker than good things -- for the first time in six years, according to new data from YouGov's BrandIndex, which tracks consumers views on various companies.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
gas prices in the area south of Raleigh have jumped 4 to 10+ cents per gallon in the last two days .... hopefully this is nothing but a some sort of a hiccup

Scott Berridge

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
$2.29 in rural northwest KS. I'm surprised it hasn't gone lower.

5-6 months ago I was certain gas would get back up to above $3 in my area by Jan 1, but it's not looking like it now.
I just made a trip from northeast Kansas (Topeka) through St. Louis to Memphis then to Natchez MS. Using Gas Buddy so we paid between $1.85 to $2.09 a gallon for regular

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
gas prices in the area south of Raleigh have jumped 4 to 10+ cents per gallon in the last two days .... hopefully this is nothing but a some sort of a hiccup
Similar jump here in MSP area yesterday. Also, the 2mpg drop I've had on the last 3 tanks suggests "Winter blend" fuel is here already.

Top Bottom