• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tinted Windows

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a 1970 Opel GT and its windows are completely clear. They have absolutely no tinting what so ever. I would like to tint its window to have the same pale green color as is standard these days of all cars coming from the factory. This goes for the windshield too which is the largest window. Windshields in today's cars also have that pale green color.

I live in the desert of southern California and the car is hot.

I have tried to find a tint show that will apply a pale green tint so the windows would be like what comes from the factory these days, but I cannot find such a shop. Generally, the only color offered is smoke. If an actual color is offered, it is much darker.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is not what he is typing a bout. The tint we are wondering about is so light, it is difficult to tell if it is tinted. The only way I know of to ID a tinted glass is to compare the tinted glass to a clear one. Or. If the glass is cracked, or the edge of the glass is exposed, look at the edge. The tint will be more visible.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a 1970 Opel GT and its windows are completely clear. They have absolutely no tinting what so ever. I would like to tint its window to have the same pale green color as is standard these days of all cars coming from the factory. This goes for the windshield too which is the largest window. Windshields in today's cars also have that pale green color.

I live in the desert of southern California and the car is hot.

I have tried to find a tint show that will apply a pale green tint so the windows would be like what comes from the factory these days, but I cannot find such a shop. Generally, the only color offered is smoke. If an actual color is offered, it is much darker.

I'm no expert in window tints, but I've been doing some searching for the last week or so and keep coming back to this site:

http://www.johnsonwindowfilms.com/automotive-products/insulatir/

The "Insulatir" type sounds a lot like what you're looking for, Pistonboy.

Top Bottom