• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Total Out The Door Price?

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd go with something like this
$6,800 estimated base price
$1,500 Auto trans & radio upgrade
-------------
$8,300 subtotal
+ 15% contingency (we're a year out from pricing, adjust percentage as you see fit)
-------------
$9,545 subtotal
$1,000 tax + fees
-------------
$10,545
-1,500 all in credit
-------------
$9,045 due

My estimate using your model I like:

$6,800 estimated base price
$1,500 Auto trans & radio upgrade
$300 Cruise Control
$500 Roof Rack (Elio has confirmed they will have mounting points)
-------------
$9100 subtotal
+ 10% contingency (we're a year out from pricing, adjust percentage as you see fit)
-------------
$10010 subtotal
$1,000 tax + fees
-------------
$11,010
-1,500 all in credit
-------------
$9,510 due

I may save money and go with the manual, we'll see. The rest is pretty set in stone for me

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Goofyone, we really know the price of a new car, as we started really looking a few months ago. We still had not decided on make or model (although we had narrowed it down, when we saw the Elio. We figured we could afford 2 for the price of one, get the options we really wanted and the MPGs we need to keep costs down in retirement. We figured we could keep the Chevy running for minimal cost over the next year or so and wait for are Elio.

Dooltd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am holding on to around 12K for the total acquisition (options, tags and taxes). If there is an option I want it. I have always bought my new vehicles fully loaded and the Elio will be no different.

I totally agree with your 12 grand budget. Even if the base price sneaks up a bit, if they offer an option, I want it. :cool:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I plan on having a check when I pick up my Elio for no more than $7500. This should cover my upgrades, taxes, license, and delivery charge if there is one. Total cost not to exceed $9000

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
That's the beauty of the Elio, you can go as cheap as you want, and have the lowest price "car" around, with the best mileage that will save you tons of money in the long run. Even if you go balls out and get lots of bells and whistles, you'll still likely be around 10K which is still cheaper than just about any car out there, but with the money you'll save all of the extras will soon pay for themselves as well, so why not just load er' up ? You're supporting a car with 90% North American parts, so it's all good !

Top Bottom