• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

zelio

Elio Addict
Response to my Mini Mate Camper querie:

"Hello,
Thanks for your interest in our camper. As long as you can find a hitch for this vehicle, there will be absolutely no problem towing our trailers. We have customers pull them with a Can-Am Spyder which is similar to the Elio, but even smaller."

There you have it. Now all I need is my Elio and a hitch, oh and the money to pay for all of it. LOL :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Second response from makers of Mini Mate Camper:

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 8:01 PM, Z wrote:
Thank you for your prompt response. Since I know my Elio won't be available until next year I didn't expect such a quick response. I have made sure other people on the Elio Owners group know about this camper.
Z

Thanks for passing on our information. We would love to see one of our trailers behind this vehicle!​

zelio

Elio Addict
From Elio Motors website, Suppliers tab:

Options:

Eastern Catalytic will have several options for performance and stainless steel exhaust systems as well as an entry for the trailer hitch.

It only took me a couple of weeks to figure out how to copy and paste this information even after someone was so kind as to tell me how to do it. My problem was I knew what to do on this end but not on the other end. Sigh! You know, growing up is really hard to do! :-) Z

Now can someone please tell me what this means?

Craig

Elio Addict
Options:
Eastern Catalytic will have several options for performance and stainless steel exhaust systems as well as an entry for the trailer hitch.

It only took me a couple of weeks to figure out how to copy and paste this information even after someone was so kind as to tell me how to do it. My problem was I knew what to do on this end but not on the other end. Sigh! You know, growing up is really hard to do! :) Z

http://www.easterncatalytic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/home-page-slide-1.jpg
Type Elio Motors in search
Sorry, no info on the site about a hitch.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Options:

It only took me a couple of weeks to figure out how to copy and paste this information even after someone was so kind as to tell me how to do it. My problem was I knew what to do on this end but not on the other end. Sigh! You know, growing up is really hard to do! :) Z

This is the direct link to what you copied: http://www.eliomotors.com/eastern-catalytic/

It is not very clear however I am guessing as an option Eastern Catalytic plans on manufacturing a trailer hitch receiver which is what you need to mount the ball.

zelio

Elio Addict
This is the direct link to what you copied: http://www.eliomotors.com/eastern-catalytic/

It is not very clear however I am guessing as an option Eastern Catalytic plans on manufacturing a trailer hitch receiver which is what you need to mount the ball.
Thank you for saying it is not very clear. LOL I thought I was really missing an important point. I guess it is safest to assume we don't know the whole story until we actually see what it means. LOL Thanks, goofyone. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Thank you for saying it is not very clear. LOL I thought I was really missing an important point. I guess it is safest to assume we don't know the whole story until we actually see what it means. LOL Thanks, goofyone. :) Z

It was not just you. Eventually we will see an options list where this may be explained. :)