• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the one I want because it is less than 300 pounds when empty. As long as I have a place to sleep I think I can manage the rest of any needs for a trip. Z
I still haven't decided on a trailer. When i used to ride my 84 Goldwing Interstate we always stayed at motels. That would be fine if a group of us are going somewhere. I have a 5th wheel with a diesel truck that i haven't taken anywhere in 3 years because i can only get 10 mpg's towing 35' 3 slide 5th wheel and diesel hovering around 4 bucks.... It may all get sold. switch to a baby camper behind the elio.....you meet some really nice people when camping. When you pull in with an elio and camper there won't be any problem starting a conversation.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have towed a trailer with my Goldwing. Let me assure you, if a trailer your looking at can be towed by a motorcycle then an Elio will have no problem with it. I am fond of these campers myself http://www.golittleguy.com/model?id=40&model=4-Wide-Platform
I looked at those but knew I would never be able to sleep in one because of claustrophobia. I like the pop-up tent camper because of the window/screens that eliminate that problem. Besides I like tent camping - just not on the ground. LOL :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Mod comment: Merged thread "Possible Towable Campers Once We Get Specs On How Much Elio Will Tow" into this existing towing thread.

Top Bottom