• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

silverfox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This Teardrop is on a harbor freight. I towed it with a Chevy HHR, cut my mpg, 1 mpg on a five hundred mile trip, 2 mpg on the return trip. total weight, 450 lbs. Four ft. high, four ft. wide, nine and a half ft. long.

Attachments

• Tear 019.JPG
    Tear 019.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 351

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This should work fine for most folks. My recommendation is when you assemble the trailer pack the wheel bearings in some good quality grease as that will really extend the life of the bearings.

Exactly! Good grease makes a world of difference. Reminded me that I have to pack and grease the bearings on the current trailer I tow with

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exactly! Good grease makes a world of difference. Reminded me that I have to pack and grease the bearings on the current trailer I tow with
I install marine 'Bearing Buddy' (with rubber dust 'caps') on all my small trailers. Makes getting ready for a trip, EASY.
$_35.JPG

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://www.harborfreight.com/600-lb-capacity-78-inch-tag-along-trailer-66771.html#.Uy_J6dc1P1U

Harbor Freight may be cheap Chinese stuff but this trailer will save us a lot of hassle and money. Exactly what I want with the Elio
JP... I like that one and the price...back in the 80's people would take a Sears Car top luggage holder and mount it on one of the small trailer platforms. At $350 bucks they have done all the work for you. Just Like a motorcycle. it all will depend if you are traveling one or 2 up. I used to get a saddlebag on my wing for my clothes. the wife got the other saddle bags and trunk. Rain gear and stuff would end up on top of the trunk in a bag that would hold 15lbs. If it is just me I won't need a Trailer.....But if it is 2 of us yep I can see this trailer being the perfect option if I don't go the camper route. Double D

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
HA... I just noticed that due to my manipulation of the source image, the bike drivetrain is on the wrong side. I can't un-see it now, and it hurts! Its like seeing a car you've drooled over in british right-hand drive arrangement. Ouch.
I know you self-identified but I like the Great Britain style bikes.... they drive on the other side, right?

Top Bottom