• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tribute To Elio Motors While @ Earth Day Event In Dallas, Tx

Jason Cray

Elio Fan
Reaction score
http://www.magisto.com/video/Kl4VNkFbETsoTg1gCzE

Dallas tx elio 009.JPG
Dallas tx elio 010.JPG
View attachment 941
DSCN1472.JPG
DSCN1465.JPG
DSCN1474.JPG
DSCN1475.JPG

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the great photos. I would ask all those who want a passenger side door to take a look at photo #3 and see what is on that side of the Elio. All of these components would have to be relocated and the interior compartment would have to be redesigned. Not impossible but a delay I am unwilling to accept. Let's get it built now and let future versions be developed based on demand. I put my money down on the original version, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are right, a drivers side door would interfere with the transmission controls...but on the curb side passengers side, , only a door would be need. No equipment would need to be relocated..Reinforced as always in 99% of the rear doors of cars on the road today. If you actually looked at the roll cage, at the p4 factory, it would be quite possible. The drivers door could be shortened and possibly save weight..
Actually, the shifters are better off on the dash anyway, similar to the mazda 2's dash. The current design has some limits on the shifters linkage which as to have another kink in it to get to the right side.. Could cause a sloppy 5 speed.
When you actually see the space efficient vehicles SEV's...made by other engineers, you could get a smaller, 3 person elio, which would get better mileage (up to 100mpg) because of the loss of those pontoons in front, which cause more drag. That is why they had to put the full fenders on. Now we have to worry about snow and slush build up. Other designs do not have that problem. So a slightly smaller elio, better mileage, at least a 4 star rating, and less problems with the fenders..is possible. It could use the IAV engine too.
Cost, 85% of the cost is already there..engine, tranny, front end, just widen it a foot and add plastic, and you get
tuvie.com sev.
A elio that you, the wife and your lab can ride in.. or your kid and his friend, and both their back packs..
Want that hot rod, a ale' is the autocycle...0-60 in 5 seconds, over 1.5 g's...and two of them were build.., a fighter pilot cockpit any one?? 3 wheel concept cars can show you some other ideas...
Just hope another manufacturer like maybe fiat doesn't get a idea..or Hyundai, or Honda...you know they are watching with great interest..
I am not bashing the elio, just reminding everyone what that Toyota, or mazda salesman would say to you.
My elio will be an auto with a/c, tinted glass, cruise and in primer, so I can alsa.com wrap it in blue! with chrome fenders..!
Just try and keep an open mind and heck, we DO NOT EVEN KNOW what the final elio looks like..but don't bet on only one door...we have 14 months to wait.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the great photos. I would ask all those who want a passenger side door to take a look at photo #3 and see what is on that side of the Elio. All of these components would have to be relocated and the interior compartment would have to be redesigned. Not impossible but a delay I am unwilling to accept. Let's get it built now and let future versions be developed based on demand. I put my money down on the original version, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

ATTA boy, stick to your guns..I'll be right there with ya.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are right, a drivers side door would interfere with the transmission controls...but on the curb side passengers side, , only a door would be need. No equipment would need to be relocated..Reinforced as always in 99% of the rear doors of cars on the road today. If you actually looked at the roll cage, at the p4 factory, it would be quite possible. The drivers door could be shortened and possibly save weight..
Actually, the shifters are better off on the dash anyway, similar to the mazda 2's dash. The current design has some limits on the shifters linkage which as to have another kink in it to get to the right side.. Could cause a sloppy 5 speed.
When you actually see the space efficient vehicles SEV's...made by other engineers, you could get a smaller, 3 person elio, which would get better mileage (up to 100mpg) because of the loss of those pontoons in front, which cause more drag. That is why they had to put the full fenders on. Now we have to worry about snow and slush build up. Other designs do not have that problem. So a slightly smaller elio, better mileage, at least a 4 star rating, and less problems with the fenders..is possible. It could use the IAV engine too.
Cost, 85% of the cost is already there..engine, tranny, front end, just widen it a foot and add plastic, and you get
tuvie.com sev.
A elio that you, the wife and your lab can ride in.. or your kid and his friend, and both their back packs..
Want that hot rod, a ale' is the autocycle...0-60 in 5 seconds, over 1.5 g's...and two of them were build.., a fighter pilot cockpit any one?? 3 wheel concept cars can show you some other ideas...
Just hope another manufacturer like maybe fiat doesn't get a idea..or Hyundai, or Honda...you know they are watching with great interest..
I am not bashing the elio, just reminding everyone what that Toyota, or mazda salesman would say to you.
My elio will be an auto with a/c, tinted glass, cruise and in primer, so I can alsa.com wrap it in blue! with chrome fenders..!
Just try and keep an open mind and heck, we DO NOT EVEN KNOW what the final elio looks like..but don't bet on only one door...we have 14 months to wait.

Not sure why you are so set on trying to make the Elio into a SEV and a "family" car.

Top Bottom