• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trike Alternatives Ghost Wheels

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hell, I may have started out with training wheels on my first bike............if I truly enjoyed riding............I would consider going out with 'training wheels' on my last bike and ride til the end of time.........unless I suddenly turned candy butt............required training wheels, heat, and AC then may as well buy an Elio. LOL

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hell, I may have started out with training wheels on my first bike............if I truly enjoyed riding............I would consider going out with 'training wheels' on my last bike and ride til the end of time.........unless I suddenly turned candy butt............required training wheels, heat, and AC then may as well buy an Elio. LOL
Or you break your neck and blow out 3 disks in your lower back <candy butt indeed Hruuummm>

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay...Never rode street bikes, only dirt (Husky WR400 was my last one..BAD MOFO! :eek:), but when I look at this I can see an issue with, in a "lay it down or die" situation, you'd be screwed.

Kind of with Coss on this one. If you need "training wheels" on your bike, it's time to hang up the helmet.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay...Never rode street bikes, only dirt (Husky WR400 was my last one..BAD MOFO! :eek:), but when I look at this I can see an issue with, in a "lay it down or die" situation, you'd be screwed.

Kind of with Coss on this one. If you need "training wheels" on your bike, it's time to hang up the helmet.
I had a Husky WR390 and thought I was Dick Burleson! I am not for training wheels, I would rather get a smaller lighter bike.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or you break your neck and blow out 3 disks in your lower back <candy butt indeed Hruuummm>
Yikes! Very sorry to hear that. I am the king of candy butts, and therefore a non-biker based on personal safety issues. However, there are bikers in my family and It seems to me the Ghost Wheels would provide an element of stability to prevent broken bones if one of my family members chooses to ride beyond a reasonable time. I think they should hang it up too, but better safer than sorry.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score

If you are riding a modern motorcycle there are not really many occasions where "laying it down" is the right thing to do outside of an action movie. Say there is a massive oil spill on a tight turn in the mountains where I am headed toward a sheer cliff with only a guardrail between myself and a plunge to certain death, yes. Otherwise, the brakes will slow my bike down faster than sliding and I retain the ability to swerve. And as my MSF instructor said long ago, if you are going to hit something it is better to hit it slow than fast ;)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yikes! Very sorry to hear that. I am the king of candy butts, and therefore a non-biker based on personal safety issues. However, there are bikers in my family and It seems to me the Ghost Wheels would provide an element of stability to prevent broken bones if one of my family members chooses to ride beyond a reasonable time. I think they should hang it up too, but better safer than sorry.
After I got hurt, I went and tried to ride; picked up a Gold Wing and rode it for about 6 months before selling it (I never laid it down)
It's the body English it takes that kills my lower back; while you ride, you're constantly making this little adjustments; that little bit a twist and bend was enough to tell me my ride time was over. I got hurt (lower back) putting a Mercedes 560SEL driver seat back in the car, I felt it went it popped and it wasn't a good feeling. The neck I did racing off road trucks (hit the inside of the cab roof). All the time I raced flat track on the bike, I got bruised and banged, and tore up ankles, toes, knees, and shoulder so that does kind of add to it; the 9 years on the stunt team worst hurt was folding my left foot to the inside; torn every ligament but didn't break my ankle (nurse told me I'll probably wish later on that I did and she was right).
Training wheels that move, really wouldn't help up and down seating and riding; you still get the body English.

Top Bottom