• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Truth About Cars, Em Unbans Facebook

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ttac.com's are now the only worthwhile articles to read about the Elio. Most other's are incorrect interpretations of out of date press releases. Ronnie actually is offering some new information or a worthwhile opinion.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting article. I liked the informal style and the inherently fair-minded approach. Thanks for posting the link. Looks like EM will make their $25 million in expression of interest, then move on to the real campaign, assuming they get SEC approval (highly likely).

They won't get all $25 million, but maybe $17 or more. But if the money's only to be used for prototypes, a million a pop seems a little steep to me! You'd think they'd be getting SOME savings in, for instance, body panels and windshield glass ... 25 have to be cheaper than 1 at a time.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting article. I liked the informal style and the inherently fair-minded approach. Thanks for posting the link. Looks like EM will make their $25 million in expression of interest, then move on to the real campaign, assuming they get SEC approval (highly likely).

They won't get all $25 million, but maybe $17 or more. But if the money's only to be used for prototypes, a million a pop seems a little steep to me! You'd think they'd be getting SOME savings in, for instance, body panels and windshield glass ... 25 have to be cheaper than 1 at a time.
A million a pop seems steep to me too. Somebody is making some big money. Hand built E-Tracers go for $100K a pop, and that's quite a sophisticated motorcycle with custom parts not off the shelf parts. I wonder how the P5 build is coming along.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I don't know for sure but tend to believe that the money will go for more than body parts and labor to put them together .... during the process the assembly line for the trike (including the motor ? ) will have to be built .... granted it will be probably be expensive but its most likely a one time thing

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know for sure but tend to believe that the money will go for more than body parts and labor to put them together .... during the process the assembly line for the trike (including the motor ? ) will have to be built .... granted it will be probably be expensive but its most likely a one time thing
I agree, I also think that money covers every test they will be doing with all the 25 prototypes. I don't expect the crash tests and associated analysis to be cheap. I also don't think the EPA testing cycle to be super expensive, but it has to cost lots of money. Imagine budgeting only the money to build the prototypes with not a dollar left over to do anything with those prototypes, just sitting there and staring at them.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree, I also think that money covers every test they will be doing with all the 25 prototypes. I don't expect the crash tests and associated analysis to be cheap. I also don't think the EPA testing cycle to be super expensive, but it has to cost lots of money. Imagine budgeting only the money to build the prototypes with not a dollar left over to do anything with those prototypes, just sitting there and staring at them.
That's where the additional funding that's needed beyond P & E Builds comes into play.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's where the additional funding that's needed beyond P & E Builds comes into play.
To me that seems crazy, but clearly just my hunch. Since we don't seem to know the answer, this seems like it should be a direct question for Elio and I think a simple answer would settle it. Maybe someone will try Facebook or direct contact.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Can someone explain exactly what the "EPA testing cycle" is all about? And what tests are included? And why you would need more than one sample to run the tests on?

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom