• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Turborize Me

mike171

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Well it was probably made by Lysholm Technologies or Eaton but still they did use it plus the 12C is turbocharged as is the P1. Lets face the facts forced induction cost money either by OE option or aftermarket.
Ding, ding, ding!! Its a Lysholm built for McLaren not by McLaren. Way to do your research BlioKart!

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was a mis-quote then because McLaren does not sell a supercharger.

I do apologize for half, it was a mis-quote, it was not Mr. Elio, it was Mr. Gino Raffin Vice President of Manufacturing in charge of tooling and equipment for EM.

I read this article about 4 weeks ago, could not remember all of it.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ding, ding, ding!! Its a Lysholm built for McLaren not by McLaren. Way to do your research BlioKart!

If a component is offered by a company that stamps their name on it, who cares who the mfg is.

Macro scale: How about all the cars Mazda and Mitsubishi mfg for Ford and Chrysler? "Ford" and "Chrysler", and their respective vehicle model names are plastered on those vehicles instead of the Mazda/Mitsu names and models, right?
Back in the '80s there were only a couple of companies producing all the VCRs for the dozens of brands in the marketplace. Same chassis, just mount it in a different case and slap a different name on it.

Micro scale: Should we call a Harley a Matsushita (or whoever mfg the electronics for them), since Harley sources their electronics from China? I doubt they mfg their own starters, trim pieces, tires, wheels, bearings, pistons, brake pads, etc, etc, etc.
I doubt electronics companies mfg the components for their boards; it's likely they don't even mfg their own circuit boards.

Should we hyphenate the names of all the mfg for a given product for the product name, just so you know who all the contributing companies are?

If you haven't caught on, this is an example of using ridiculousness to show what a ridiculous turn this thread has taken. Too much whinin' and cryin' going on 'cause someone's ego got butthurt.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If a component is offered by a company that stamps their name on it, who cares who the mfg is.

Macro scale: How about all the cars Mazda and Mitsubishi mfg for Ford and Chrysler? "Ford" and "Chrysler", and their respective vehicle model names are plastered on those vehicles instead of the Mazda/Mitsu names and models, right?
Back in the '80s there were only a couple of companies producing all the VCRs for the dozens of brands in the marketplace. Same chassis, just mount it in a different case and slap a different name on it.

Micro scale: Should we call a Harley a Matsushita (or whoever mfg the electronics for them), since Harley sources their electronics from China? I doubt they mfg their own starters, trim pieces, tires, wheels, bearings, pistons, brake pads, etc, etc, etc.
I doubt electronics companies mfg the components for their boards; it's likely they don't even mfg their own circuit boards.

Should we hyphenate the names of all the mfg for a given product for the product name, just so you know who all the contributing companies are?

If you haven't caught on, this is an example of using ridiculousness to show what a ridiculous turn this thread has taken. Too much whinin' and cryin' going on 'cause someone's ego got butthurt.

Thanks, I started to post something like this but you know what they say about a dead horse.

I'm moving on.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Craig won this round! There's lesson to be learned from this....know what the heck you're talking about before braggin'!:D

I hate to look at either of them winning. Instead Everyone that reads a thread like this "wins."

Now as to this particular topic...there is no winner, because if one claims the turbo costs $4900 and the other states Paul said it would cost $800 then they are both stating their cases.
One does not know what it would cost for this company to make it for this engine, and the other is stating "Paul said..."(Which drives me effin nuts when they cannot cite a source. Cuz if Paul said it I would like to hear him say it again, or at least read where he is quoted as saying it.)

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So now I think we are at a consensus of: "Forced air" costs alot of money..but DID PAUL SAY IT MIGHT ONLY COST $800 as an option? (or anything close to that).

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So now I think we are at a consensus of: "Forced air" costs alot of money..but DID PAUL SAY IT MIGHT ONLY COST $800 as an option? (or anything close to that).

I said it was not Paul, in my post above, it was a mis-quote, it was Mr. Gino Raffin Vice President of Manufacturing in charge of tooling and equipment for EM.

Please read my post on the J5, one of the first prototypes.

"DID PAUL SAY IT MIGHT ONLY COST $800 as an option? (or anything close to that)"
What a noob. Please don’t call me a liar again, Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom