• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Turborize Me

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Craig, I am Not against you. If i were I might point out that you don't have any understanding of the difference between a "mis-quote" and referencing.
And thank you for another example of why i get confused and tired of reading posts on here where people repeat hearsay or do not cite their sources, which leads to even greater mis-information about the EE. I am surprised that Paul doesn't get fed up with it and actually has someone have "Just the Fact" pages instead of the cutesy BS format of practically the entire Em site.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Craig, I am Not against you. If i were I might point out that you don't have any understanding of the difference between a "mis-quote" and referencing.
And thank you for another example of why i get confused and tired of reading posts on here where people repeat hearsay or do not cite their sources, which leads to even greater mis-information about the EE. I am surprised that Paul doesn't get fed up with it and actually has someone have "Just the Fact" pages instead of the cutesy BS format of practically the entire Em site.

It’s cool, just don’t know why I have to show a proof link and know one else does.
The mis-quote I was referring to, was only who said it, not what was said.

It had been four weeks since the last time I had read the material and I stated the wrong source. It was Raffin not Elio. I did not find it again till today.

You were the first and only member to ask for a source link on any of my post.

I believed everything Mike said, but you know what the say about the loudest guy in the crowd, everybody else thinks he must be the guy that knows what’s going on.

Hope we can all get together for a big meet someday. :)

Last edited:

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If a component is offered by a company that stamps their name on it, who cares who the mfg is.

Macro scale: How about all the cars Mazda and Mitsubishi mfg for Ford and Chrysler? "Ford" and "Chrysler", and their respective vehicle model names are plastered on those vehicles instead of the Mazda/Mitsu names and models, right?
Back in the '80s there were only a couple of companies producing all the VCRs for the dozens of brands in the marketplace. Same chassis, just mount it in a different case and slap a different name on it.

Micro scale: Should we call a Harley a Matsushita (or whoever mfg the electronics for them), since Harley sources their electronics from China? I doubt they mfg their own starters, trim pieces, tires, wheels, bearings, pistons, brake pads, etc, etc, etc.
I doubt electronics companies mfg the components for their boards; it's likely they don't even mfg their own circuit boards.

Should we hyphenate the names of all the mfg for a given product for the product name, just so you know who all the contributing companies are?

If you haven't caught on, this is an example of using ridiculousness to show what a ridiculous turn this thread has taken. Too much whinin' and cryin' going on 'cause someone's ego got butthurt.
NAILED IT!!:D

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It’s cool, just don’t know why I have to show a proof link and know one else does.
The mis-quote I was referring to, was only who said it, not what was said.

It had been four weeks since the last time I had read the material and I stated the wrong source. It was Raffin not Elio. I did not find it again till today.

You were the first and only member to ask for a source link on any of my post.

I believed everything Mike said, but you know what the say about the loudest guy in the crowd, everybody else thinks he must be the guy that knows what’s going on.

Hope we can all get together for a big meet someday. :)
I am trying to get an understanding of what is what. Under the "what do you want done on this site" thread I have asked for the people that know their shot to just plainly post what was what when because of all the confusion from many people that think they are posting the newest info when it is from months-years ago. Or is just complete hearsay.
Just last week someone mentioned the EE could go form 0-100 in 9.6 seconds. Another thread had a person posting he was buying a yellow Elio.
With a car that is going through multiple design phases you would be rational to expect that there would be a large amount of emphasis placed on keeping all the "information"(real or not) in its proper prototype.
Can't be bothered. Is the response.

mike171

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
From Wikipedia
navigation, search
For other uses, see Ignorance (disambiguation).
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge).[1] The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware and is often used as an insult to describe individuals who deliberately ignore or disregard important information or facts. Ignoramus is commonly used in the US, the UK, and Ireland as a term for someone who is willfully ignorant.

Ignorance is distinguished from stupidity, although both can lead to "unwise" acts.

I believe this is the word I used that got people fired up but I still feel it was used appropriately.

I posted a very thorough answer to the original question posted on this thread and then tried to correct some mis-information that was posted as hearsay. If that somehow makes me an A-hole then so be it.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...JUST ANOTHER THREAD ON A MESSAGE BOARD DERAILED BY HEARSAY...but at least it was in a slightly unique fashion....
Eliomotors can't talk straight. This forum can't figure out what is what because everyone has an equal voice.
I'm beginning to accept a conspiracist's theory... And there is no Santa Elio.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And I started this thread to get the truth, not to read hearsay, and unsupported statements. Below is my opening post. I asked for your Ideas, and knowledge, not the hearsay crap. So go make one word assignations on someone else's thread. I started this thread trying to find the truth, and not to have immature members post.
So I would rather have a horse, even though I have never owned a horse. I dislike "cars." I am drawn to the EE because it wastes less of my money. I don't lift the hood on my truck if it has a problem. I do not put air in its tires. Those are someone else's area of expertise. (Yes I can open the hood if you give me enough time to figure it out)
So of course I would rather take a bath than try and find out about turbos on the EE.
So if you have an idea, or have some real knowledge, would you share it in this thread so i can be a little more understanding of putting a turbo on the EE, or it having the option.
Yes I know, more power less mpg. We don't need to have this thread hijacked by that. I just want to know about how doable is a turbo, and how much you all think it could cost and how difficult would it be to get one for the current chosen engine, or could it be done after purchase without there being a hassle with it.
Anyone know anything?

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I can't state this enough, but www.eliomotors.com has all the current factual specs that you desire. If it is stated there it is current and accurate. No searching or combing the internet or forums, just one website. Or, if you want instant updates on changes that they make or new news articles/ blogs then follow them on Facebook or Twitter. You have more posts where you are trying to hold everyone else accountable. Why don't you use this effort to do your own research since the accuracy of information is so important? Rather than chastise others because you don't feel that there info is accurate. FYI, if the info you seek is not on www.eliomotors.com or www.facebook.com/eliomotors then it is probably not a spec that they want to release. "Possibly" (sorry, possibly could be construed as an open ended speculation with no factual source) because it is something that will change on future prototypes. Remember Elio is providing us a window into a process that most other manufacturers alienate us from. The Elio website format is not BS, it's called marketing. Here in the real world it helps generate excitement and sell things. It also has current specs, photos, videos, links to supporting manufacturers, descriptions of what each manufacturer does, current amount of reservations and a list of their core values (84mpg, American Made with 90% American sourced parts, $6,800 and 5 star crash rating). These core values are stated in every news article and blog, it's called developing a platform. It's how modern businesses are successful.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well it was probably made by Lysholm Technologies or Eaton but still they did use it plus the 12C is turbocharged as is the P1. Lets face the facts forced induction cost money either by OE option or aftermarket.

As previously posted Paul did say recently that the IAV engineers designed a turbo for the Production engine in their spare time & it's not a strech to think that this design could make its way to a production option. Cost however is another matter............. I still want one :)

Top Bottom