• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tzero And Eliocoin Are Having Funding Issues

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hate the Tesla truck design. It puts the driver almost over the front wheels. If you consider the design of most vehicles, the driver is between the front and rear wheels. This puts the driver into a rocking chair meaning that bumps in the road pivot the vehicle under the driver making the ride smoother.
Actually the "forward cab" configuration has some advantages. I loved my '68 Chevy Van which had the front wheels directly under the driver's seat. While it did take some getting used to, it made visibility at "blind" corners much better because you were sitting much closer to the intersection.
What you had to get used to is that you had to turn later than you're used to. The first few corners has you running over the curb.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
tZero has a MOU now, so that's good news. Elio has an MOU

The fact that tZERO and Elio Motors have MoU’s is of little consequence.

Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) are usually just a PR stunt, and have no real value.

MoU’s are subject to due diligence, negotiation of binding contracts and regulatory approval.

MoU’s are not legal contracts.

Elio Motors has previously announced several MoU’s with suppliers, but nothing concrete ever resulted from those MoU’s.

An MoU is a vague promise at best, and have no consequences if the promise is broken.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Amazon can figure out the arts and recently they are now selling installation. Think about it. If your Elio cranked over but wouldn't start, would you know what to do? It could be a hundred different items. Unless you know what to look for, you are running blind. This is not where you had a carb, points ignition and from there it would be easy to figure it out. Same for the brakes, stability and TC. Who here would know exactly what to look for if the lights all went off for that? It could be a number of items that wend bad. Rivan is no different. It gets easier when time goes on but in the beginning, it's a challenge. Unless you are someone that want's to spend lots of money to "plug in" and see what the code says (which deosn't mean it's exactly what the problem is) you are out of luck.

Plugging in to see what the code says costs literally $9.79 on Amazon. I've bought three of them for the drivers in my life to keep in their cars. Granted, you have to have a phone to use it with but you can hardly add that cost as you already have a phone. If you don't have a phone, I can't help you.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Plugging in to see what the code says costs literally $9.79 on Amazon. I've bought three of them for the drivers in my life to keep in their cars. Granted, you have to have a phone to use it with but you can hardly add that cost as you already have a phone. If you don't have a phone, I can't help you.
Can you show me that code reader then. Because the code readers I have bought are limited to the engine and a few other things. Not the rest of the systems. I do have a VCDS for my VW and it will go into every system, allow me to code and even recode those systems. If I can do the same for under $10, then I'm all in.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can you show me that code reader then. Because the code readers I have bought are limited to the engine and a few other things. Not the rest of the systems. I do have a VCDS for my VW and it will go into every system, allow me to code and even recode those systems. If I can do the same for under $10, then I'm all in.
ELM 327 plus the app "Torque" by Ian Hawkins does code reading duties for me. Search Amazon for ELM327. There's a bunch of knockoffs and they are all about the same. Torque lets you program ECMs with different loadouts but I don't mess with tuning like that. What I DO like is that it'll read codes, explain what they are, and even allow you to reset the codes. It, obviously, isn't going to replace computer diagnostics but mine has paid for itself many, many times over. Plus, all my friends benefit from my "expertise"!

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Overstock/tZERO news just got worse:

"Overstock has put off plans to sell its flagship retail business, delaying a large cash infusion that it was hoping to get for its portfolio of blockchain ventures.

The company had originally aimed to sell the e-commerce business by the end of February, but on a conference call to discuss fourth-quarter results Monday, CEO Patrick Byrne indicated it no longer had a firm timeline"

https://www.coindesk.com/overstock-...e-deferring-cash-infusion-for-crypto-ventures

There is a passing mention of Elio in the article.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ELM 327 plus the app "Torque" by Ian Hawkins does code reading duties for me. Search Amazon for ELM327. There's a bunch of knockoffs and they are all about the same. Torque lets you program ECMs with different loadouts but I don't mess with tuning like that. What I DO like is that it'll read codes, explain what they are, and even allow you to reset the codes. It, obviously, isn't going to replace computer diagnostics but mine has paid for itself many, many times over. Plus, all my friends benefit from my "expertise"!
I know what those are and have it too but it's limited because it's not a scan all modules type of unit. It's good for basic stuff.
If you have a VW or Audi product, then VCDS is the way to go. Once you have it, then you find out how limited everything else is:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score

"Overstock has put off plans to sell its flagship retail business, delaying a large cash infusion that it was hoping to get for its portfolio of blockchain ventures.

The company had originally aimed to sell the e-commerce business by the end of February, but on a conference call to discuss fourth-quarter results Monday, CEO Patrick Byrne indicated it no longer had a firm timeline"

https://www.coindesk.com/overstock-...e-deferring-cash-infusion-for-crypto-ventures

Here's an article they referenced back in janutary and it had this:
The platform will allow trading of its native tZERO token at launch, but is also talking to about 60 different companies. Elio Motors, a company producing light three-wheeled cars, will probably issue the next token traded on the platform, Byrne told CoinDesk.

Then for the recent article:
Byrne is expecting more companies to issue their tokens using tZERO’s tech. The first of them might be a mini-car manufacturer Elio Motors

That's good news because Elio will be the next one on tZero. That's going to be soon.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Patrick Byrne will never be Elio Motor salvation, he’s too busy fighting his own corporate battles.

FYI...Patrick Byrne and overstock.com/tZERO still subject to a current and ongoing SEC investigation.

Top Bottom