• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Unintended Benefits Of Elio Ownership...

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like your way of thinking! LOL :) Z
Elio parking lot:

park.png
Like family at supper time .

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's one sure thing about a small car, I used to wash and wax mine in 20 minutes. Smaller size AND I didn't have to crawl up on the running boards to reach the top. I see a future in clay bars and designer polishes for me with my Elio.

You can now better afford nitrogen for your tires, since you have only three, maybe you can get Pep Boys to offer a 50% off deal on alignments too, since aligning the rear wouldn't be much help. Brake jobs should be cheaper too, that old $99 per axle won't fly anymore.

Detailers should offer a deep discount too - after all, the interior is tiny and you can clean it with a toothbrush.

Speaking of . . . I need to ask my glass guy if they'll offer a half-price deal on window tints - since they only have four and they're pretty small.
Please stop! My gut is hurting, and the shoulders are bruised from rolling on the floor!

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More space to open your door. Less likely to have the body dinged by another door since it's so slim.
Very good point - which I had already thought of. Nothing like spending big bucks on a new vehicle - only to see a ding in the door within 2 days of driving/parking! I would suspect the narrow body will really help prevent the dings. The Elio should look better longer!

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have an unused 12' square plastic gazebo that might stretch to become my Elio's portable garage. I can sling it along the right-hand side. It might leak a bit, but it won't have mosquitoes. Best yet, it will keep the cat from leaving footprints all over my ride.

I will be the first in my neighborhood to detect potholes and missing manhole covers. I'm putting street maintenance on speed-dial and practicing slalom maneuvers.

Gotta work on cool call signs to paint under the side windows. I am informed that "Maverick" and "Goose" are out.

I can park for free in the Geek lot at several local tech businesses. I'll tell security it's a secret company project.

I've got to order the maps for the hidden entrances to our local HOV lanes.

I just bought two more 5-gallon gas cans to add to our collection. I get $1/gallon discount at Kroger with credits for groceries and prescriptions, up to 35 gallons per month for our fleet. I may be buying my last full-price gas late next year. I may start retailing to my neighbors shortly thereafter.

The family van will need no more than a quarterly fillup of gas. If I'm careful I can fill the gas tank every six months - when I change the oil. I won't save that much though, I'm going to spend a fortune on Marvel Mystery Oil and Sta-Bil. :)

Top Bottom