• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Usatoday: "former Oil Exec: $5-a-gallon Gas On The Way"

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oil may be abiotic, meaning there is an unlimited supply. But we don't have an unlimited supply of air to burn it all.

http://www.wnd.com/2008/02/45838/

More importantly, whether abiotic oil even exists (very debatable), it isn't generated in sufficient quantities to keep up with world's thirst for oil. In all practical sense, oil is finite on this planet.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Oil may be abiotic, meaning there is an unlimited supply. But we don't have an unlimited supply of air to burn it all.

http://www.wnd.com/2008/02/45838/

The planet certainly has a limited supply of, well, earth. Doesn't it take Mother Nature millions of years to make crude oil? Those two statements sure lead to the conclusion that there's a limited supply of oil. LOL I would think, technically, there's a limited supply of anything that Mother Nature provides.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That would depend on what you did for a living. When I lived in Denver and N.Y. before that, I worked for the Telephone company. There was no such thing as I can't make it into work. When the weather was the worst, is when we were needed the most to repair downed cables, and restore service. Always had a four wheel drive to get into work. Biggest problem was getting around people who figured because they cleared there driveway they could navigate around town. Needed four wheel drive to get around them.

Exactly . I can work from my home but both kids ABSOLUTELY must show up for roll call . "Only in a Jeep"

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gas is going back up. If not by market forces by taxes. You have such short memories or hide your heads in the sand. Obama said it loud and clear that gas prices would need to go to 7 dollars a gallon to get people out of the cars. Just because they have not done it yet does not mean they gave up on the plan.
Enjoy the lower cost gas while you can , an new assault on your personal transportations rights is coming. You will get on the people bus and out of your cars.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gas is going back up. If not by market forces by taxes. You have such short memories or hide your heads in the sand. Obama said it loud and clear that gas prices would need to go to 7 dollars a gallon to get people out of the cars. Just because they have not done it yet does not mean they gave up on the plan.
Enjoy the lower cost gas while you can , an new assault on your personal transportations rights is coming. You will get on the people bus and out of your cars.
Not gonna happen, there are 254 million registered cars/trucks etc, Americans love their cars (and guns), they aren't coming for either..

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not gonna happen, there are 254 million registered cars/trucks etc, Americans love their cars (and guns), they aren't coming for either..
No but they certainly will try!;) I would be more than happy to ride the light rail or bus if it was anywhere near me, took me where I wanted to go, in a reasonable amount of time, without 4+ transfers, dropped me off within a reasonable distance of my destination and ran after 11:00PM (most bus service). It's not going to happen, so we'll keep on driving our vehicles, even if gas hits $7.00 a gallon. Come on Elio!:D

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Milwaukee to build a trolley that runs less than 3 miles will cost 124 million to start with (it was 60 million to start with). This before the cost over runs start to be paid for by the tax payers . The operating cost to be paid for by tax payers of the rest of time . It will never cover even the smallest percentage of operating cost on its own.
But we must get people out of their cars at any cost.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Milwaukee to build a trolley that runs less than 3 miles will cost 124 million to start with (it was 60 million to start with). This before the cost over runs start to be paid for by the tax payers . The operating cost to be paid for by tax payers of the rest of time . It will never cover even the smallest percentage of operating cost on its own.
But we must get people out of their cars at any cost.
They are building a light rail near me. Projected cost $70 million and done by 2015, last I heard $150 million and done by 2017. :rolleyes: It still won't get me out of my car or Elio!;)

Top Bottom