• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vancouver Wa. "all In"

Keith Dahl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:cool: I'm Keith Dahl from Vancouver, Washington. Even though I'm not a "car guy" as far as mechanical knowledge, my research & reading articles on pros and cons and even websites that say there is no way Mr. Elio can pull this off, left me impressed by Mr. Elio and the brilliant people & entities he has lined up and the fact he has lobbyists dealing with the helmet & license potential issues. I'm all in! I envision happily settling for the base model. Some years ago I was reading about automatic transmissions and there are those that say an automatic transmission, (although I realize the Elios will be different than most auto trans) is more of a miracle than childbirth, considering everything that has to work just right. Sure most people have good luck with them, but wow an automatic tranny is indeed something. So I'll go with the manual. I'm going to email or stop and see my Insurance lady who is with American Family Ins. to see if her company has even discussed how they plan on insuring the Elio. Lots of true 'car guys" I talk to are impressed with the car but none of them so far are in the position to order one because of family vehicle needs or money. I hope my "number don't come up", before my number comes up, if you know what I mean. If so, I'm sure my son will enjoy it. :eek:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
:cool: I'm Keith Dahl from Vancouver, Washington. Even though I'm not a "car guy" as far as mechanical knowledge, my research & reading articles on pros and cons and even websites that say there is no way Mr. Elio can pull this off, left me impressed by Mr. Elio and the brilliant people & entities he has lined up and the fact he has lobbyists dealing with the helmet & license potential issues. I'm all in! I envision happily settling for the base model. Some years ago I was reading about automatic transmissions and there are those that say an automatic transmission, (although I realize the Elios will be different than most auto trans) is more of a miracle than childbirth, considering everything that has to work just right. Sure most people have good luck with them, but wow an automatic tranny is indeed something. So I'll go with the manual. I'm going to email or stop and see my Insurance lady who is with American Family Ins. to see if her company has even discussed how they plan on insuring the Elio. Lots of true 'car guys" I talk to are impressed with the car but none of them so far are in the position to order one because of family vehicle needs or money. I hope my "number don't come up", before my number comes up, if you know what I mean. If so, I'm sure my son will enjoy it. :eek:

LOL, too funny Keith. Welcome to the forum from Kansas.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You might want to hold up on the insurance issue. Elio motors is working on it and will ask for help if and when they need it. In the mean time, welcome from Oregon, Keith Dahl. I hope you enjoy the site. :-) Z

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keith welcome to the forum and congratulations on deciding to support the Elio. I don't believe your insurance agent will know anything about the Elio but I support your decision to discuss it with her. Just another way to get the word out that the Elio is coming and that they might want to be at the head of the insurance curve rather than behind it. Having a wife that doesn't drive a manual transmission, and unwilling to learn, it is necessary for me to get the automatic version. Learned how to drive a manual transmission in the 1950's and have done so ever since. Hope you will enjoy the forum and I encourage you to use the search function to quickly direct you to the information you are looking for. If you can't find it just ask because we are a friendly helpful bunch. Enjoy the experience and the journey to Elio ownership.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Google morning Keith, from the Bayou State; Louisiana. WELCOME to this forum! There's plenty to learn and explore here. ENJOY!

Top Bottom