• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

"venting"

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ma-by it’s me, but, I got upset reading Elio's Facebook Page
& browsing the ignorant, people and their ignorant post.
Such as:

show me the factory i think this is a scam
Where can I see one of these elios?

* how about a trailer hitch option?

How would you change the oil?

*Any ideas how this will handle in a winter?

Some people call those things bikes at bike week in daytona I call them ugly

*It only has 1 seat

its stupid

* One door?

show me the factory i think this is a scam

so what is the top speed on it ?

*Where can I buy one?

I can't find a list of dealers that will have them on their lot.

Back window and place to put a spare tire or I've gotta be out

where are the fog lights?

When will they be available? Where will I have to pick it up or will it be delivered to my door? Warrenty? Where do you take it for service? Do you finance?
and so many more.
These are not necessarily ignorant questions, but questions that have answers on the Elio Webpage.

(I copied & pasted. These are the comments as seen on Facebook.
I use spell-check!)

Why do I go back, if it bothers me so much?
I wonder about that myself,
Ma-by......

Train wreck.

Or,
I am tortured, because of the slow process of this Elio event.
(I'm Venting)

Still, I go back now and then, because some of our group are there,
and have relevant things to say.

I was surprised to find there were so many people on FB that have lower in line
numbers than me!

JEALOUS???
ya think?

I will take a break in three days to drive the 250 miles to Ontario, CA to see the
prototype that was here in Vegas in Jan. and
in San Jose, in Oct. when I was there for the whole month.
(I wasn't aware of the Elio at that time. (sic) missed them both....Oh, wait!!
The staff says, P4=am I dreaming?
I will take pictures.

I hope you guys, and gals will forgive me for
taking up all this space to express my feelings.

It won't happen again!
Slo Waiting with # 2821

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have the same frustrations when I read those ignorant posts. A wise comedian(possibly an oxymoron) once said, "The only people that are hurt when someone dies is the people that are left behind. The dead person doesn't know they're dead, because they're dead. It's the same thing with stupid people".

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Ralphe, you are not alone! I believe there are many of us who completely understand what you are feeling. I myself rarely visit the Elio Motors Facebook page anymore just to avoid all that mess but I am very glad some of our member spend so much time on there trying to help set things straight.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Life is a gamble..I've blown a 1000 bucks or more many times on junk and more than 7000 dollars on options in cars I have Purchased..Now with that said, we are taking a chance and so is Paul elio at his age willing to risk everything he has worked for..Let's not forget the years he as dedicated to get this project done..We can think of ourselves as people who helped this become a reality and if something happens it will not be because of a scam like on Wall Street..We can have transportation that will cost about 3 cents a mile to operate..My Harley gets less than 35 mpg.. My Jeep Wrangler gets about 15 average..At Cruise speed ( 30 ) my boat uses over a gallon a minute..ie..It's well worth risking a few bucks.. Finally, those of us that paid into this have nothing to complain about the way Elio body style will be..We gave that right up when we bought in..So relax, if our reserve fee will make or break us then we should not have bought in...Monty

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was looking at the FB page last night and was wondering what happened. It was my first time back to FB in a while. Why do those people even take the time to stop by and insult?

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was looking at the FB page last night and was wondering what happened. It was my first time back to FB in a while. Why do those people even take the time to stop by and insult?
Most of em are just voicing their opinion. In our society the internet is seen as a place to freely state your opinions. The problem is that most are so poor with the language, either by design(advertisers), or laziness, or just plain ignorant that they post misinformation and the problem with that is that even fewer people understand the above and when they read anything they accept it as fact and repeat it. That is plain and simply why I tried to get the "P" threads started.

Top Bottom