• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vote For The Elgin Dash

Vote for Elgin Dash

• Love it

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • Hate it

Votes: 59 50.4%
  • Mixed feelings

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I'm always too wishy-washy to choose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have an opinion 'cause I don't care

Votes: 13 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
eDoes the Elgin Dash help reach the goals of:
84mpg?
$6800?
A 5-star crash rating?
American content and American jobs?
Getting more funding and getting the Elio to production sooner?

Does the Elgin Dash contribute to the functionality and/or aesthetics of the Elio?
Apparently only in the eyes of a few.

Does this example of EM's intentional disregard for their customer base increase existing and potential customer's, and potential investor's, confidence in EM?

Do the majority of people desire to have their Elio sport the Elgin Dash.
According to two polls and hundreds of individuals: Hell no.

Last edited:

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Listen to the people, give the people what they want, "build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door".
Do the exact opposite and basically prove yourself to be just another egomaniac wearing blinders and earplugs.
Someone not able to hear the wishes of the market for the sake of their own voice.
Someone who decides that they are unwilling and unable to accommodate the majority because of nothing more than their own personal preference.

"Better" is the relative term here.
"Better" for, and to, you and to a small minority means that you can at least be assured that a minority will buy it over the long run.
"Better" for, and to, the majority means that it will be more likely that the "path" thing will happen.

I am so sick of those in charge thinking that they, and they alone, know what's "really" best for us, that I want to scream.
There seems to be a multitude of folks that also feel that way.

And yes, this is exactly the sort of behavior that would make me, if I were a potential investor, decide against investing in EM.
But, I'm only a member of the majority, so I must either not know what I'm talking about, or not know what's "really" good for me.
And since I'm only a member of the majority, what I think and/or do has absolutely no significant effect on anything, Elio-wise or otherwise according to EM and a small minority of people.
Or... all of the above, right?

Last time I checked it was still customary, and usually a quite successful strategy, for companies to decide what their products will be like, as opposed to some central committee ruled by a majority making the relevant decisions. If you are so sick of this concept, why don't you take your business belief-system to some other place where you might find more like minded people?

Sure, if I had to make decisions at Elio Motors, some things might be different too, yellow as a color option comes to mind for one thing. But I recognize that having non-experts decide on a car's (or autocycle as it were) design and features, is a sure recipe for financial disaster and I look forward to buying my Elio however Paul Elio and his team decides to engineer it.

People on this forum are in no way representative of a real world customer base and you should keep that in mind when you conjure up "the wishes of the market" and a "multitude of folks." Also: Investors by and large care about the financial viability of a company, not inconsequential design changes.

Your over the top "outrage" is entertaining, but gets boring over time...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Does the Elgin Dash help reach the goals of:
84mpg?
$6800?
A 5-star crash rating?
American content and American jobs?
Getting more funding and getting the Elio to production sooner due to a heightening of confidence?

Does the Elgin Dash contribute to the functionality and/or aesthetics of the Elio?
Apparently only in the eyes of a few.

Do the majority of people desire to have their Elio sport the Elgin Dash.
According to two polls and hundreds of individuals: Hell no.

every point you've made is true but it doesn't matter .... it Paul's rig and its seems to have become a point of pride with him .... his is the only voice on this that counts

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last time I checked it was still customary, and usually a quite successful strategy, for companies to decide what their products will be like, as opposed to some central committee ruled by a majority making the relevant decisions. If you are so sick of this concept, why don't you take your business belief-system to some other place where you might find more like minded people?

Sure, if I had to make decisions at Elio Motors, some things might be different too, yellow as a color option comes to mind for one thing. But I recognize that having non-experts decide on a car's (or autocycle as it were) design and features, is a sure recipe for financial disaster and I look forward to buying my Elio however Paul Elio and his team decides to engineer it.

People on this forum are in no way representative of a real world customer base and you should keep that in mind when you conjure up "the wishes of the market" and a "multitude of folks." Also: Investors by and large care about the financial viability of a company, not inconsequential design changes.

Your over the top "outrage" is entertaining, but gets boring over time...
There are more like minded people here than there are otherwise. Please look at the polls again.
Quite the contrary as far as these polls not being representative.
This site is mostly frequented by an existing and potential customer base? Right?
Potential investors care very deeply about the apparent stability of an investment's leadership.
Stability is gauged by the motives behind the CEO's business tactics and decisions among other things.

Last edited:

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are more like minded people here than there are otherwise. Please look at the polls again.
This site is mostly frequented by the existing and potential customer base? Right?

No, I don't think so. This site has many that are interested in car/motorcycle technology above what the average driver feels about their car, has more older people than a likely customer base will have (the Elio won't cater to the age group buying Cadillac's, at least not exclusively), might have a skewed income bracket vs the people most likely to buy the Elio in great numbers, has many early adopters; many regular car buyers wait for a review to come out before they decide on putting money down and don't get very excited about the inner workings of engines and cars. People here (and I include myself) are very supportive of the Elio concept, in ways that the average consumer is simply not thinking about their transportation.

I agree with you that the polls show roughly 50% of people disliking a dashboard they have seen as a prototype only and that the rest does not care that much, likes it or is undecided. What that means in terms of a statistical representative slice of potential buyers, is anybody's guess.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THE GOLIATH DASH IS SIMPLE . 1959 SIMPLE .
IT IS FUNCTIONAL , READABLE & ELEGANT , EVERYTHING THAT THE LORD ELGIN DASH IS NOT .

THE SAME DASH WENT IN THEIR CARS & TRUCKS . IT IS MADE OF MOLDED BAKELITE !
THE 2nd LITTLE LEVER ON THE TUNNEL IS THE STARTER !
I DON'T HAVE THE WIRING OR SWITCHES IN IT YET .

DSC_0557.JPG

DSC_0559.JPG

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This site is mostly frequented by an existing and potential customer base? Right?
Potential investors care very deeply about the apparent stability of an investment's leadership.
Stability is gauged by the motives behind the CEO's business tactics and decisions among other things.

Less than 100 people on this thread voted.
That's out of over 2000 members.
Hardly an overwhelming number.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't even get me started about real names on the internet.

A small confession: I didn't mean to create THIS account with my real name, and its one of my only with it....

The first rule of internet safety is to never give anyone you don't know any of your real information. That will always be the first rule of internet safety. Period, The End. Any attempt to force anyone to reveal their real name is just wrong.
Thanks, send me any other follow-ups, John Frank, 232 E Oak ave, Belmont, NY 10035, jf@gmail.com, 516-367-9078

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THE GOLIATH DASH IS SIMPLE . 1959 SIMPLE .
IT IS FUNCTIONAL , READABLE & ELEGANT , EVERYTHING THAT THE LORD ELGIN DASH IS NOT .

THE SAME DASH WENT IN THEIR CARS & TRUCKS . IT IS MADE OF MOLDED BAKELITE !
THE 2nd LITTLE LEVER ON THE TUNNEL IS THE STARTER !
I DON'T HAVE THE WIRING OR SWITCHES IN IT YET .

View attachment 5402
View attachment 5403

WOW! Are you doing the restoration yourself? Looks fantastic!:)
Quality job for sure.

Top Bottom