• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vote For The Elgin Dash

Vote for Elgin Dash

• Love it

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • Hate it

Votes: 59 50.4%
  • Mixed feelings

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I'm always too wishy-washy to choose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have an opinion 'cause I don't care

Votes: 13 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think there is a chance the Elgin gauges will not be in the final production design.

Now, if you have stopped laughing your head off, I will explain my reasoning. I did not say it will not be present. I said there is a chance. Paul Elio is a very smart man. If EM is on shaky ground as far as getting started or surviving, I believe he will abandon the Elgin gauge. He will not want to alienate buyers nor investors.

If he has a large stock sale soon (Form 10-12B), stockholders will not like the idea of a CEO making design changes in the product that potentially reduces sales, and all for personal reasons of the CEO. He will feel the pressure in a large publicly traded corporation.

So, this is my reasoning. Now, get up off the floor and stop laughing

Rabrandt99

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there is a chance the Elgin gauges will not be in the final production design.

Now, if you have stopped laughing your head off, I will explain my reasoning. I did not say it will not be present. I said there is a chance. Paul Elio is a very smart man. If EM is on shaky ground as far as getting started or surviving, I believe he will abandon the Elgin gauge. He will not want to alienate buyers nor investors.

If he has a large stock sale soon (Form 10-12B), stockholders will not like the idea of a CEO making design changes in the product that potentially reduces sales, and all for personal reasons of the CEO. He will feel the pressure in a large publicly traded corporation.

So, this is my reasoning. Now, get up off the floor and stop laughing

This is my thought as well. Frankly, considering they're still saying they're a few hundred bucks above $6,800, I would imagine someone pointing out they could save a few hundred bucks by going with established gauges rather than crafting a brand new style.

But given how adamant Paul has been on them thus far, I have a feeling it's something he'd wait until the very last minute to do, after he's exhausted all other options to get the price down.

I don't hate them like some do and I admire Paul's dedication to honor his Father, but I can't see how it makes economical sense to craft a brand new style of gauge that doesn't operate the way people are used to.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rather than honor his father with the Lord Elgin inspired dash, he could just name the car the Elio Elgin... lol

...still better than: "And now, introducing the Elio the Elio" Yes, the the Elio will be made by Elio...
"I'm driving the Mustang over there" becomes "I'm driving the the Elio over there."

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is my thought as well. Frankly, considering they're still saying they're a few hundred bucks above $6,800, I would imagine someone pointing out they could save a few hundred bucks by going with established gauges rather than crafting a brand new style.

But given how adamant Paul has been on them thus far, I have a feeling it's something he'd wait until the very last minute to do, after he's exhausted all other options to get the price down.

I don't hate them like some do and I admire Paul's dedication to honor his Father, but I can't see how it makes economical sense to craft a brand new style of gauge that doesn't operate the way people are used to.
You have a good point. The elgin gauges are custom and does violate the idea of using inexpensive off the shelf parts.

There is also the possibility of the vehicle coming out with elgin gauges, then later changing them to traditional gauges due to faltering sales or stock holder pressure. This would mean early people like us would still get the elgin gauges.

FC

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't hold your breath on that option.
Do you know the real reason for the Elgin Dash? I do; and so do a lot of other people on here.
Been reading the board for a long time before deciding to finally register. Yep I know the actual reason. Was just a not terribly well done attempt at humor. Still think if they decide there is extra money to be made they might offer optional gauges. The Elgin gauge is not a show stopper to me if they decide to stick to it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Been reading the board for a long time before deciding to finally register. Yep I know the actual reason. Was just a not terribly well done attempt at humor. Still think if they decide there is extra money to be made they might offer optional gauges. The Elgin gauge is not a show stopper to me if they decide to stick to it.
I hope they do, I can use the money

Top Bottom