• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Waffling On Base Price. Can They Make $6,800?

What will be the actual base price of the Elio (excluding taxes,delivery and paperwork)

• $6,800

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • $7,000

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • $7,200

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • $7,500

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • over $7,500

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters

Sethodine

Elio Addict
And all of this has what to do with
"Waffling On Base Price. Can They Make $6,800?"

Ummm.. well, you see... Like.......ummmmmm........the economy is like..... with the industry, and stuff?

What I'd really like to know is, whatever the base price turns out to be, can we pay it in waffles?

Well, I predict they will be selling like hotcakes, soooo....

Rickb

Elio Addict
And all of this has what to do with
"Waffling On Base Price. Can They Make $6,800?"
Nothing, but chill out and have some fun and learn about the EV revolution. Unless, you are afraid you may get sucked in and see the indirect benefit of EVs to all and the actual personal value of EVs to owners.

There is an informative and fun electric vehicles club. I can post the link for anybody interested.

cantwait

Elio Addict
Why is this a concern? We've already come to terms with the reasons behind the production delays. There was no promise in the reservation agreement for the production date, the price, the mileage, the safety rating, the percentage of American content, the final design, or the standard features and equipment. They've been warning us for some time that the $6800 and 84mpg targets might not be hit.

Why worry about something we cannot control? It will happen when it happens, at the price they ask, with the features they decide on. All of those things are goals, not promises. We either accept the fact that they are doing the best they can, or we don't.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Nothing, but chill out and have some fun and learn about the EV revolution. Unless, you are afraid you may get sucked in and see the indirect benefit of EVs to all and the actual personal value of EVs to owners.

There is an informative and fun electric vehicles club. I can post the link for anybody interested.

Rickb,
I have no objection to EVs in their place.
That place being in an "Off Topic" thread.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
A year or so ago EM stated their predicted profit was to be $1000 per vehicle. They also stated 20% markup on accessories installed by EM. Consider EM has already collected $1000 each for the first 15500 or so vehicles plus $500 bonus plus $150 to $350 loyalty bonus (10jun15) EM Email. Sounds to me like 15500 will be sold at $1650 to $1850 below cost. The next 30000 will be at $100 to $750 below cost. Each vehicle will need $9000 worth of options just to break even. Perhaps i don't see the big picture. I need someone to explain to me how this is going to work.

Ekh

Elio Addict
A year or so ago EM stated their predicted profit was to be $1000 per vehicle. They also stated 20% markup on accessories installed by EM. Consider EM has already collected $1000 each for the first 15500 or so vehicles plus $500 bonus plus $150 to $350 loyalty bonus (10jun15) EM Email. Sounds to me like 15500 will be sold at $1650 to $1850 below cost. The next 30000 will be at $100 to $750 below cost. Each vehicle will need $9000 worth of options just to break even. Perhaps i don't see the big picture. I need someone to explain to me how this is going to work.
Suppliers of Elio-authorized accessories are allowed a max markup of 20%. May or may not apply to Elio-installed options like automatic transmission.

In any event if the car costs $5800 to make and sells for $6800 there's your $1000 profit.options and accessories are the gravy