• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Waffling On Base Price. Can They Make $6,800?

What will be the actual base price of the Elio (excluding taxes,delivery and paperwork)

• $6,800

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • $7,000

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • $7,200

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • $7,500

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • over $7,500

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have already purchased 3 new cars sense going all in for $1000 on the ELIO. THE ELIO was never been a replacement for the cars or the motorcycle . As PE said it is an and vehicle. I always saw supporting the ELIO as a good cause, still do.
ELIO could be an affordable first car, college car ect. For me it was to be something interesting and different.
I read every word of what I signed, knew 100% what I was doing. At the time I knew there was no price guarantee of $6,800.
Really did not expect it that low. The amount of time that has gone by sense then the changes . I just see the price going up.
Heck everything else has.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have already purchased 3 new cars sense going all in for $1000 on the ELIO. THE ELIO was never been a replacement for the cars or the motorcycle . As PE said it is an and vehicle. I always saw supporting the ELIO as a good cause, still do.
ELIO could be an affordable first car, college car ect. For me it was to be something interesting and different.
I read every word of what I signed, knew 100% what I was doing. At the time I knew there was no price guarantee of $6,800.
Really did not expect it that low. The amount of time that has gone by sense then the changes . I just see the price going up.
Heck everything else has.
This ha been discussed before in very long and detailed entries. The most recent thread had a poll at the beginning asking the exact same question.
If you do a search you should be able to find it.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am semi block on this sight. upset a thin skinned mod. So it is a hit or miss if I can open a page searches don't work often.
takes a few tricks to get the sight even open.
Most of those were done some time back. Things have changed a bit sense then. At one time I think $6,800 may have been at least close for the first reservation to roll out but cost would go up. This far down the line so many other cost of doing business have gone up. Has nothing to do with ELIO really just the way it is. Industry I work in now last two years have seen huge increases in cost of everything except fuel.
I made up my mind the day I hit send on the all in I wanted one. When or if it gets into production I will have #8019 even if the cost goes up. The only thing that may change is the color I want.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You guys keep talking. You're just giving EM a target of what people are willing to pay.

"Hey look, They're willing to pay $9,900. Why should we sell for $6,800?"

If EM needs more profit per car they should try to make it with options and accessories and leave the base price alone!

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm the kind of person the Elio is targeted at; the guy who has never been able to afford a "new" vehicle, but am attracted to the Elio because I can get it New for the same price I would pay for a 7-year old car with 80,000 miles already on it. I wouldn't buy one for much more than the advertised price (plus options).

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the Polaris Slingshot starts at $21,000, is the Elio worth that? It offers a roof, windows, ac, heat and airbags.
We all seem to know that $6800 is a super value, perhaps unrealistic. If a Elio were to scale down production, in order to produce the car next year, I would pay more. $9995 would seem like a bargain.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've never believed in $6800 even before I tossed in a token $100 .There is a credibility factor for PE if the price is significantly more .I think $10,000 is far more practical .

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the Polaris Slingshot starts at $21,000, is the Elio worth that? It offers a roof, windows, ac, heat and airbags.
We all seem to know that $6800 is a super value, perhaps unrealistic. If a Elio were to scale down production, in order to produce the car next year, I would pay more. $9995 would seem like a bargain.

The thing is, I believe the Slingshot and the Elio are for two entirely separate markets. About the only thing they have in common is the number of wheels! :p

Top Bottom