• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wall Street Journal Article On Ice

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of you folks read the Wall Street Journal but today (7/16/18) they have an article titled "Big Oil Reinvents Engines to Survive". It talks about how Saudi Arabian Oil Company wants a more efficient ICE to protect it's market share against electric vehicles. It says they have 30 engineers working on this in Novi Michigan. That's down the street from Livonia where Elio does it's engineering.

Net/net, I sent an email to Elio to alert them to the article and gave them the name of the Director of Saudi Aramco's Detroit Research Center (he is in charge of the project). Saudi Aramco has deep pockets and Elio's new engine and car may be what they are looking for. I don't know if anything will come of it but I'll let you know if I get a reply from Elio.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of you folks read the Wall Street Journal but today (7/16/18) they have an article titled "Big Oil Reinvents Engines to Survive". It talks about how Saudi Arabian Oil Company wants a more efficient ICE to protect it's market share against electric vehicles. It says they have 30 engineers working on this in Novi Michigan. That's down the street from Livonia where Elio does it's engineering.

Net/net, I sent an email to Elio to alert them to the article and gave them the name of the Director of Saudi Aramco's Detroit Research Center (he is in charge of the project). Saudi Aramco has deep pockets and Elio's new engine and car may be what they are looking for. I don't know if anything will come of it but I'll let you know if I get a reply from Elio.

I think someone should give the director of Saudi Aramco's Detroit Research center a heads up WRT Elio. I will end up with some sort of EV or an Elio to do my runs to the post office, bank, library, hardware store etc. I would much prefer the Elio! I think this is a way the Elio can be made to happen. And, just in case the director of SADR does not want to just roll over and help produce the Elio, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia should be clued in. I am pumped!

Last edited:

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's an interesting idea, but I wonder if Paul would go for a foreign investor? For some reason I doubt it.
Still, it doesn't hurt to try.

I don't think Paul can afford to discriminate against foreign investors. When he put stock up for sale it was for sale to anyone who was qualified. There are a hell of a lot of qualified investors on the Arabian peninsula!

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK Here's what I sent to Elio and the reply they sent back:

Hi Elio,

I have a non-refundable deposit on an Elio with you and hope you can
indeed begin production in 2019. I understand that the only thing
holding you back is funding. Hopefully you caught the article in the
Wall Street Journal today (first page of section B1, Monday July 16th)
titled "Big Oil Reinvents Engines to Survive". The article says the
story is based in Novi MI. Net/net, Saudi Arabian Oil wants a more
efficient ICE to combat electric vehicles. It sounds like Elio and your
newly designed engine are exactly what they are looking for. These folks
have the money needed to fund Elio and get you into production.

In a world gone mad for electric vehicles Elio has the solution wanted by Saudi Arabian Oil.
Please read the article and reach out to David Cleary, the head of Saudi
Aramco's Detroit research center. They might just provide the funding to
get Elio into productions quickly.

Thanks for listening!

Here's the reply that I got today:

Hello XXXX,

Thanks for the great article and taking the time to share it with us. It is very interesting, and the team has this on their list. We appreciate your support more than we can express.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
The Elio Team

Well at least Aramco's on Elio's radar and the 30 Aramco engineers are working 15 minutes away from Elio's engineering center. If I could, I would arrange a meeting for Elio to showcase their engine & vehicle.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing should be off the table unless the investors would bring a unfavorable attention to the product line. Elio already has a past manager of the current administration election as its lobbying efforts if that is still going on. With this ElioCoin a far right contributor.

Top Bottom