• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wanted: Quiet Highway Car

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When it comes to a CPO car, you are better to stick with one from a manufacturer (i.e. Ford, GM, etc...) and not something from Crazy Larry's Used Cars. Most are cars that came off lease because when you go to a place like Manheim, they have special lines just for New car dealers looking to get off lease cars to be CPO (typically cars that have only dealer service and get a good bill of health when turned back into the dealer along with low mileage). So, there will be a line of Ford Explorers and thus, only Ford dealers can bid on them first time through. Then if they don't sell, they go to the general line where Crazy Larry can bid on it.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've never heard of Carvana, but their system that they describe on their website does sound good. Have you dealt with Carvana yourself personally??
If you live in the right places, you can use Carvana's car vending machine: https://www.carvana.com/vendingmachine
I saw the one in Jacksonville, Florida as we drove by a few months ago. Didn't get a chance to see it in action. They will subsidize up to $200 of your plane fair and pick you up at the airport so you can use the vending machine and drive your car home. If I seriously go looking at used cars, I will definitely consider these guys.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
another option, there are sites that post car lease takeovers, i.e. people want out of a lease, they pay for all transaction fees, and sometimes offer cash above the lease totals. It's all legal as it goes thru the bank or lease holder to process. Of course you have to be credit worthy, and the ads specify months and milage and residual so you have many options. And they almost always are covered by the 3yr/30k bumper to bumper.
Only downside, can take a few weeks to "close"
Best of luck whatever you decide

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
another option, there are sites that post car lease takeovers, i.e. people want out of a lease, they pay for all transaction fees, and sometimes offer cash above the lease totals. It's all legal as it goes thru the bank or lease holder to process. Of course you have to be credit worthy, and the ads specify months and milage and residual so you have many options. And they almost always are covered by the 3yr/30k bumper to bumper.
Only downside, can take a few weeks to "close"
Best of luck whatever you decide
I looked at leases, but I drive too many miles for it to be worth it -even if I buy extra upfront. Would be nice though, since I think my new strategy is to keep a car no longer than 5 years from now on.

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I will reccomend ENTERPRISE CAR SALES .COM, I have used them and got really good priceing and their price is no haggle.
All their cars have excellent maintense
One of the jobs I had when I was going to school was a lot attendant at Enterprise. They were pretty spot on about getting vehicles in the shop too. Definitely something to take into consideration.

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If you live in the right places, you can use Carvana's car vending machine: https://www.carvana.com/vendingmachine
I saw the one in Jacksonville, Florida as we drove by a few months ago. Didn't get a chance to see it in action. They will subsidize up to $200 of your plane fair and pick you up at the airport so you can use the vending machine and drive your car home. If I seriously go looking at used cars, I will definitely consider these guys.
Looks like Texas is the closest to me, but it looks like they just recently started doing free delivery to Bakersfield late last year -so that's perfect for me. I'll give it a serious consideration.

Top Bottom