• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

We Will Have To Behave!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Were they profiling you or your car? Assuming that's what you were driving and not actually a 'Brother'. It's the driver stopped based on the brotherhood factor while driving a Smart for Two or the brother stopped just walking down the street that I have a problem with.
Profiling is a pretty ancient thing, it was part of what kept us alive. If someone wasn't "from around here" they were unknown and thus a danger. Granted, it's use now can be based solely on skin color or socio-economic strata, that's not good and in most cases totally uncalled for. I say most cases because the old rule of exceptions still exists. It should be just that though, the exception, because bad guys come in all sorts of colors, economic levels and from every social strata. You shouldn't get your ticket punched simply because you are "the wrong color" and I shouldn't get a free ride because I'm white. Not that I've done anything, no, really!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
info appreciated .... so what about a sports car with two passengers .... with an Elio being classified as a motorcycle, specially when carrying 2 people, why wouldn't it be allowed in the HOV lane .... as a side question, when towing our camper with my wife and I in the truck shown, could we use the HOV lane .... I don't recall ever seeing a vehicle towing any type of trailer in an HOV lane but then I haven't been looking

Jim

you can 4 people in the hov lane all in one hybrid - least in fla, but you do need a $5.00 sticker

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
interesting/surprising article about the vehicles that get the most tickets taken from this link : http://www.cbsnews.com/news/speed-traps-americas-10-most-ticketed-cars/ .... hope Elio never makes this list ... ;)

"It's not about horsepower," said Des Toups, managing editor of Insurance.com. "The Chevrolet Corvette, Dodge Viper and Nissan GT-R rank well below average for tickets even though they can easily double the highest speed limits. But those cars are also costly, so their buyers tend to be older and take fewer risks."

Overall, about one in five drivers reported a moving violation in the past three years. Remarkably, though, fully one-third of Subaru WRX owners had been ticketed.

Following are the rest of the cars on the top 10 most-ticketed list, along with the percentage of drivers looking for insurance who reported at least one moving violation in the past year.

2. Pontiac GTO (32.7 percent)
3. Scion FR-S (32.6 percent)
4. Toyota Supra (30.8 percent)
5. Subaru Tribeca (29.7 percent)
6. Volkswagen Rabbit (29.6 percent)
7. Mercury Topaz (28.8 percent)
8. Scion tC (28.8 percent)
9. Toyota FJ Cruiser (28.4 percent)
10. Mazda2 (28.1 percent)

Jim
interesting, but perhaps it's the total number of each vehicle on the road that should be factored. i.e. each above mentioned have thousands more cars registered than vipers, 'vetts , and other "exotics. so the odds of the above models getting stopped is increased??

Top Bottom