• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Web-site Trophies??

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sooooooo who "issues" them, or are they programed generated?
Seeing how the "staff members" on here are not always up to date on the reservation map. . . . , and the trophies ARE always up to date, I would say that they are automatically generated.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I copied this from Okuma Steve's statement in the Forum Rules and Guidelines forum (I think that is the name):
begin quote
You know how a lot of forums will base ranks/user titles on post count? Well our software (called xenforo) is a little bit different. Instead of basing ranks and titles off of posts, they base them on "trophy points." Trophy points are automatically awarded for pretty much any event that I set in the control panel. So , for example, I can set trophy points for certain amounts of posts, for getting a certain amount of "likes," for giving a certain amount of likes, having parts of your profile filled out, etc.

They are all set to the factory defaults right now.

Does that all make sense? end of quote

:-) Z

Last edited:

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I copied this from Okuma Steve's statement in the Forum Rules and Guidelines forum (I think that is the name):

You know how a lot of forums will base ranks/user titles on post count? Well our software (called xenforo) is a little bit different. Instead of basing ranks and titles off of posts, they base them on "trophy points." Trophy points are automatically awarded for pretty much any event that I set in the control panel. So , for example, I can set trophy points for certain amounts of posts, for getting a certain amount of "likes," for giving a certain amount of likes, having parts of your profile filled out, etc.

They are all set to the factory defaults right now.

Does that all make sense?

Makes perfect sense to me, zelio. :D Guess that's why I likes pertty near ever'thing. o_O

Sept, maybe most of the slim that pours forth from the mouth of the "trolls" that haunt our ranks from time to time. :)

cleverwise

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Most board software has the ability to issue ranks and/or achievements/points for participation. As was posted above these digital "rewards" are automatically granted when you accomplish certain goals as defined by the forum moderators. They are basically for bragging rights but beyond that serve little function, at least on most boards.

You can think of them as little digital pats on the back.

Do you feel special or important when you receive them or do you roll your eyes and go not another annoying alert?

Top Bottom