• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Weekly Blog

fred bott

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The weekly ELIO blog is pretty LAME.
The last three weeks it has been almost the same.

NO new info. ELIO Thursday is a fail !

Howabout some info on the FACTORY...whats being done, hows it coming, whats up in general AND are we moving foreward ?
Howabout some info on how the P5 is coming, what additional changes are being considered.

Howabout some pictures of the improved P5, I've seen the orange car enough !

I HAVE HAD ALL THE FAQ's I NEED TO SEE !

All that seems to being addressed is the same INANE questions from some clowns who have NOT researched the ELIO and obviously don't know SQUAT !

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The weekly ELIO blog is pretty LAME.
The last three weeks it has been almost the same.

NO new info. ELIO Thursday is a fail !

Howabout some info on the FACTORY...whats being done, hows it coming, whats up in general AND are we moving foreward ?
Howabout some info on how the P5 is coming, what additional changes are being considered.

Howabout some pictures of the improved P5, I've seen the orange car enough !

I HAVE HAD ALL THE FAQ's I NEED TO SEE !

All that seems to being addressed is the same INANE questions from some clowns who have NOT researched the ELIO and obviously don't know SQUAT !
While I'm sure everyone loves the passion Fred, you need to remember that each and every week the Elio becomes more and more closer to mainstream knowledge. Therefore each week you have new people coming in to ask the same questions we did when we started. I know the answers to their questions are out there but we both know that most people are lazy and it's easier to just ask the same question again than find the question and answer the first 10 times. How I am sure Paul loves the passion the people on this forum has, he has already won us over and already has us buying his car so their time is more useful pulling in new customers instead of providing details to is existing customers even if each week the blog is redundant. It's just marketing in order to maximize preorders. Have a good weekend!

dwoodul

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I’m probably over-thinking this but I wonder if there is some method to Elio’s madness of not giving out too many details too early. Maybe fly a little under the radar until they almost ready to go to avoid incurring the wrath of the big auto manufactures…??? Just wondering.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... but I wonder if there is some method to Elio’s madness of not giving out too many details too early. Maybe fly a little under the radar until they almost ready to go to avoid incurring the wrath of the big auto manufactures…??? Just wondering.
Oh absolutely. This is actually one of the items that let's you know that EM is serious about thier goals. It's very easy to promise all kinds of things as soon as asked for, or simply to impress. But if you don't want to commit to things, unless you can do them for real, well it's best to only say what is 100% in the cards. Otherwise, later when it really counts, you are accused of waffeling or other flim-flam antics. Even when I would vist the designer's offices, they stayed very tight on message. Sure I wanted more. But, this is the real deal, and a big deal. These things have lots of mass and momentum. Slow to start and very messy to stop.
I'm an outsider, and can say what I like. I really like that. Very little harm if I personally say anything online that's not up to snuff. Now if I was caught online talking about my employer, 100% fire now! I actually saw that happen to someone.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I'm sure everyone loves the passion Fred, you need to remember that each and every week the Elio becomes more and more closer to mainstream knowledge. Therefore each week you have new people coming in to ask the same questions we did when we started. I know the answers to their questions are out there but we both know that most people are lazy and it's easier to just ask the same question again than find the question and answer the first 10 times. How I am sure Paul loves the passion the people on this forum has, he has already won us over and already has us buying his car so their time is more useful pulling in new customers instead of providing details to is existing customers even if each week the blog is redundant. It's just marketing in order to maximize preorders. Have a good weekend!
I agree. I keep going back to the fact that all other manufacturers do what Elio is doing totally under wraps. We don't learn squat until they are ready to release their product. I am personally enjoying the journey this adventure is taking us on. It may not be to the Moon, or a new planet, or even to a new country, but it is to a totally new destination - Elio ownership. And I am getting to follow along for the ride. What a treat! Some of you guys remind me of my boys (who are now in their 40s) when they were preschoolers. They wanted to know everything now - or even better, yesterday. Of course that is why they have high blood pressure and I don't. LOL I have learned to enjoy the journey instead of worrying every detail to death. Just my totally biased and not the least bit humble opinion. :-) Z

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I agree. I keep going back to the fact that all other manufacturers do what Elio is doing totally under wraps. We don't learn squat until they are ready to release their product. I am personally enjoying the journey this adventure is taking us on. It may not be to the Moon, or a new planet, or even to a new country, but it is to a totally new destination - Elio ownership. And I am getting to follow along for the ride. What a treat! Some of you guys remind me of my boys (who are now in their 40s) when they were preschoolers. They wanted to know everything now - or even better, yesterday. Of course that is why they have high blood pressure and I don't. LOL I have learned to enjoy the journey instead of worrying every detail to death. Just my totally biased and not the least bit humble opinion. :-) Z
Spot on! I may only be 25 but this journey is fun. Feels like we are apart of it and not just another customer they extract money from. I'm seriously considering making a road trip vacation upon production to go from Southern Illinois down to Louisiana to pick my baby up and check out the factory (hoping tours or info will be available) . Also several stops along the way at some old war forts etc. a true American road trip to pick up a true American car

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The weekly ELIO blog is pretty LAME. !
lol, well I totally feel your pain. None of this happens at the speed of WiFi. Best I can measure, Elio is now totally at the manufacturing R&D level, where everything is measured in Weeks-Months and even Years for the major auto maker. And do we really care about the nasty details. Nah, we just want our Elio delivered today! Why do I have to wait for it to be manufactured!? The idea is solid! Just do it.

Unlike most products, it was not provable that the public would buy a small commuter vehicle like this. It never existed before. Not like this at least. I feel, that's the real reason there is a deposit/reservation effort up to now. That why we got cluded into this. We are, all of us, daily are convincing the money investors, this market channel will fly, and fly very well. We are, grassroots wise, greasing the clock works.

Top Bottom