• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Weight Limits And Center Of Gravity?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
During the war years I drove a Cushman motor scooter from Atlanta Georgia to Columbus Ga (150 miles +/- of course I was 18 years old then) and if one can survive that , the ELIO should be a Cadallac in comparison!
Rode a Cushman all over the streets of Nashville in the early 1960's and I agree that the Elio will be luxury compared to that

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have read about some 'commuter' cars that were not intended as a tow vehicle or for long trips but I have seen people use them to tow tiny trailers and campers and travel far with them. :) I agree with the 'designed for' and eventual use are not mutually exclusive. :)

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have read about some 'commuter' cars that were not intended as a tow vehicle or for long trips but I have seen people use them to tow tiny trailers and campers and travel far with them. :) I agree with the 'designed for' and eventual use are not mutually exclusive. :)
The Goldwing has about twice the HP and half the weight of an Elio yet Honda dose not recommend they be used for towing. I'm not sure about the Goldwing, but installing a hitch receiver voids the warranty on some bikes. The weak spot will be the trans. Will EM be willing to put a trans in that is more than the basic vehicle requires? Will they stand behind the product if it is used to tow? Untill they start talking we can only guess.

Top Bottom