• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

West Burbs Of Chicago

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am in Elgin. As for planning for the future, a local motorcycle club has used the parking lot of Elgin Community College as a starting point for a ride, with ECC's permission. Elgin police direct traffic. The bikers can get on I-90 and head for Wisconsin. Maybe we could have breakfast at a McDonald's and thus use its parking lot as a starting point. Just an idea. As for me, I want to drive the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway. There is a bit of bad luck involved in this plan as described in the following letter to the Governor of West Virginia:

08/30/2016 to Governor of West Virginia
I plan to purchase an Elio autocycle when they become available. I then intend to drive the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway in my Elio autocycle starting at Afton, Virginia. Since I will be coming from Dayton, Ohio, I will be driving across the beautiful State of West Virginia. Doing so will cause a legal problem for me because, according to Elio Motors (https://support.eliomotors.com/hc/en-us ), West Virginia requires a helmet for the drivers of the Elio autocycle who are over 21 years old. Wearing a motorcycle helmet inside of an autocycle creates safety issues. Please alter the motorcycle helmet safety laws to completely exempt autocycles.
Elio is already in the works to adjust/change the helmet law for West Virginia. The main reason why the law hasnt been changed yet is because West Virginia's lawmakers only meet for two months out of the year for the General Assembly to vote on changes/new laws.

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's under 21.
Nope, "over 21"
SOURCE: https://support.eliomotors.com/hc/en-us
There is currently only a single state that requires a helmet for the Elio for over 21 year old drivers. We are working with them to update their laws to reflect the unique attributes of the Elio. Progress is made every day. For those of you that remember the early days, this has come from only about 15 green states to this in a very short time. Progress every day.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am in Elgin. As for planning for the future, a local motorcycle club has used the parking lot of Elgin Community College as a starting point for a ride, with ECC's permission. Elgin police direct traffic. The bikers can get on I-90 and head for Wisconsin. Maybe we could have breakfast at a McDonald's and thus use its parking lot as a starting point. Just an idea. As for me, I want to drive the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway. There is a bit of bad luck involved in this plan as described in the following letter to the Governor of West Virginia:

08/30/2016 to Governor of West Virginia
I plan to purchase an Elio autocycle when they become available. I then intend to drive the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway in my Elio autocycle starting at Afton, Virginia. Since I will be coming from Dayton, Ohio, I will be driving across the beautiful State of West Virginia. Doing so will cause a legal problem for me because, according to Elio Motors (https://support.eliomotors.com/hc/en-us ), West Virginia requires a helmet for the drivers of the Elio autocycle who are over 21 years old. Wearing a motorcycle helmet inside of an autocycle creates safety issues. Please alter the motorcycle helmet safety laws to completely exempt autocycles.
BikeBrains, welcome from sunny New Mexico.

Top Bottom